Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

No songs searched up will play and absolutely nothing shows up in my playlists.  Ive have many songs in each of my playlists, theyre now all empty. I've tried reinstalling my spotify about 4 times and nothing has changed. I even tried another account and the same issue is happening. Below is a picture of whats happening. Please help.

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
9 Replies

Hi, I have the same problem two days ago. I also tried to reinstall the app and erase any file from Spotify, but it didn't work. On the smartphone I don't have that problem is just on my laptop with windows 10. I'm from Colombia. If you have any solution please tell me. Thanks.

Hello @666roach @GMARIN

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

I'm having the same problem and cannot find these lines in my HOSTS file. I hope it will get fixed soon

I have same problem i cant play any music from my pc but on the phone it work

ahh, this classic problem, the newest version of spotify(1.1) actually sucks **bleep**

therfor, im here to help you. since ive had the same problems and way way way more in my last few years using spotify.

SO, this is what you need to do, its only three steps ❤️

//1st unistall your spotify if you havent already//

//2nd install this version(its the golden age of spotify btw) 

<snip - Moderator Edit>

//

//3rd IMPORTANT in order from the spotify from self updating and landing you in the same exact spot you are in now YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS GUIDE 

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/alw999/new_spotify_update_blocking_method/

//

and you should be done, enjoy ur spotify ❤️

Thanks, it seems that it worked. But why did that happen?

Thanks, that seemed to work after trying everything else and even the other method listed in this post. Appreciate it! Hope spotify can fix the issue.

I'm having a problem with playlist right now and nothing works. Songs just don't show in my playlist but I can the next songs that will play. The search though won't work this way so I can't choose songs I want to listen and I have over a thousand songs - I won't dig through them all just to find what I want to listen.
Spotify is just giving me more and more reasons to quit and stop paying them...

Hey there @lolaintheblack,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! No worries - we're here to help.

What worked for most users in this scenario is checking the host files, so we'd suggest you give that a try. There's a very neat description how to do this posted here by @JoshuaHasian. Feel free to check it out 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts