Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sonos speakers disappearing a few seconds after starting Spotify client on Windows

Sonos speakers disappearing a few seconds after starting Spotify client on Windows

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

As you can see from the attached gif, the Windows client doesn't list all the available speakers in my network; it only shows the Amazon Echo devices, not the Sonos. If I kill the process and restart the application, for a moment all the speakers are listed: however, if I select one and try to play on that, all the Sonos speakers disappear after a few seconds.

From Sonos controller I'm perfectly able to play Spotify.

From Spotify on Android I'm able to start music on Sonos; after that, the Windows client shows the music playing on said Sonos speaker.

GIF.gif
4 Replies

Hello there!

I think this is a issue related to Sonos, which the Spotify client can't solve.

I'd suggest you to visit the Sonus community found here, I hope you'll find a solution there.

Otherwise you can also contact them directly.

If you have any futher questions, feel free to ask them!

Have a nice day.

Of course is someone else's fault

Hello mbagattini,

Since your Spotify shows the other devices, the Spotify client connects to devices.
The client will recognize every device if it's connected properly, which your Sonos boxes are not.
You can also try to re-install the Spotify client or hard-reset the Sonos boxes- that might work as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

It shows them for a couple of seconds: I thought there could be a way to understand why they are delisted, a diagnostic log or something.

Suggested posts