Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The new UI update made it so that you can no longer sort the songs in a playlist by recently added? You can sort by date, but, unlike the other sort options (like “duration”, which you can choose either longest to shortest or shortest to longest) if you sort by date you are stuck looking at it from the oldest song added to the playlist. Is there a way to do this on desktop that I’m missing, or is the option just gone completely?

I hope it’s not gone completely, I really enjoyed being able to sort my playlist by recently added songs. 

42 Replies

the new Spotify desktop update is gorgeous but there are a few issues w/ sort by recently added 

1. collaborative playlists don't have a visible option to sort by recently added. I can click "date added" under the drop down menu as an option to sort my playlist, but it sorts from first added -> last added. 
  2. all playlists will "reset" the order they are shown in, no matter how I sort it. I always sort my playlists by recently added, but if I restart the app or come back to a playlist after some time, it will reset to default view

Same here. Grateful for the solution added but the UI is incomplete if this is the only option. The UI offers a solution of date added in the drop down menu, but one should be able to have that reversed as well. Clicking it another time for example.

I hope Spotify is taking these issues in consideration in future updates. 

Best y'all!

Hi, 

I have a shared playlist with my brother who lives 1000's of miles away and we both add new music. I like to listen to the newest stuff we've both found and on the old app I'd just reverse sort by date added. This doesn't seem possible on the new app as the column for date added has disappeared, so while you can sort by date added, you can't reverse it. 

It would be great to have that reinstated in some way. 

Thanks, 

Nick

I have the same wish that It will return soon, although it was removed from the last update. I think for many people it has some emotional aspect to it as well, seeing when the songs were added- rest of the data regarding duration, title etc one can always find somewhere else, but the 'date added' is something only my Spotify knows and can tell me. Please return it. Thank you!

This was originally an option and still is at least on iOS. But for reasons unknown to me, it has been removed on the desktop. If that could be added back, that'd be great!

IM FURIOUS!!! 

CHANGE IT BAKC PLZZZ

Why had the 'date added' disappeared? what is the point of taking features away? I used this all the time 😞

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

You should still be able to sort playlists by date added in reverse order on the New Desktop App. Just click on the header until the green arrow points upwards:

2021-04-09.png

If you don't see the DATE ADDED column in your playlist view, you might need to maximize/enlarge the window as @user-removed has suggested, or try zooming out (3-dot menu > View > Zoom Out) if you prefer to keep the size of the window.

In case this doesn't work for you, we'd recommend following the steps here for a clean reinstall to be sure that you have the latest version.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on and give us a shout if have any further questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you! I clicked "Zoom Out" and now can see the Date Added column.

Hi there @nevermindme,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad that everything works as it should for you 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great day!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

you can solve it by making the window bigger. Even on full screen its not big enough -> make the width bigger than full screen . Then you will be able to see to Date added column and can sort from Z-A 

Thanks, I've noticed that it is back again! Maybe it was just me being thick, and as you say, it was in a smaller window.

Anyway, looks great, works great, sounds great! Cheers,

Solution:
Left upper corner, three dots, zoom in. With this, another option will appear above the songs, another column that says "date added". You click on it twice, and that's it, after that, you can zoom out.
Hope it helps!

For me, you have to minimize the "Friend" view. Then you can sort by Date Added.

Reinstalling Spotify in my Windows 10 solved the problem.

Now I can sort songs in a playlist again.

I have the same problem and tried the suggestions but nothing works. all of my playlists have this problem.

Hi there @skywardfry,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you try reinstalling the app in safe mode?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you have someone log in on their account from your devices - such as a friend or a family member?

On another note, does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Is this issue going to be fixed for the Android app? Its really driving me mad that I can't sort by recently added with the new version! Seems like such a pointless change

Hey there @jx_oujpmg-vri,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

In the Android app you should be able to sort your playlists by date. Please head to this article to find the steps to do it. 

If it's still not working, please share your report in this thread which is covering this issue specifically for the Android app. 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why can't we sort by recently added, but within that filter sort it so that the newest tracks are added to the top, like on desktop?

Suggested posts