Sorting by Artist defaults to Title instead of Album

Operating System

Windows 10 

Spotify Version:

Originally reported version 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6

Current version that is still experiencing the issue:

1.1.44.538.g8057de92

My Question or Issue

When sorting Liked Song's by Artist.  What seemed like the industry standard, of Artist, Album, Track no longer apply's to my installed app.  It sorts by Artist, then Title name alphabetically.    Since I typically listen to quite a bit from an artist, this gets really annoying trying to pick songs to play, since I have been looking at the standard of Artist, Album, Track, instead of Artist/Title(Alpha).   It would be fine, if I could override this new default with secondary sort's, but that's also not allowed.  

If I uninstall Spotify, and re-install it, on the initial run, the playlist for Liked Songs will be sorted properly.  Artist, Album, Track.  If I shutdown Spotify, and re-launch it, the sorting will go back to Artist, Title (Alphanumerically).

Current View of Liked Songs: 

micsea64_0-1589306551344.png

After an uninstall and re-install just to show what I would expect (which it will revert on the next launching of Spotify:

micsea64_1-1589306691191.png

The problem still exists several months later.  Except now, even after an uninstall and re-install I still get the same crappy sorting by just Artist, Title (Alpha-numerically).  Please fix, it's really annoying to use Spotify this way.  

4 Replies

Also having this problem. Just got premium and this happens, extremely frustrating. Its such an un-intuitive thing to do.

they could've at least added an option. so stupid

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

A workaround would be to use the Filter option. Try to enter the Artist name in the Filter. After that sort the list by Album.

This should get you the desired result. 

If you think other users might also like to have the option for more customizable sorting, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why was this change made? What was the point? 

Suggested posts