NEXT STEP

Sorting playlist gives different results on Android and Desktop

Sorting playlist gives different results on Android and Desktop

Desktop 1.0.85.259.g4ab01679

Android 8.4.63.584 armV7

(Premium)

Sorting by artist:

PC 

1. Boney M. - Rasputin (Album: Nightflight to Venus)

2. Boney M. - Gotto Go Home (Album: Oceans Of Fantasy)

Android

1. Boney M. - Gotto Go Home (Album: Oceans Of Fantasy)

2. Boney M. - Rasputin (Album: Nightflight to Venus)

PC puts Rasputin first because the next sorting rule seems to be albums in alphabetical order. On Android it sorts by song name.

Sort by recently added:

PC.

1. Showtek - The F-Track (Album: Analogue Players In A Digital World)

2. Showtek - Electronic Stereo-Phonic (Album: Analogue Players In A Digital World)

3. Showtek - Here We F***ing Go (Album: Analogue Players In A Digital World)

4. Showtek - F*** The System (FTS) (Album: Hard, Fast & Furious)

Android:

1. Showtek - Electronic Stereo-Phonic (Album: Analogue Players In A Digital World)

2. Showtek - The F-Track (Album: Analogue Players In A Digital World)

3. Showtek - F*** The System (FTS) (Album: Hard, Fast & Furious)

4. Showtek - Here We F***ing Go (Album: Analogue Players In A Digital World)

Same thing. On Pc it sorts by alphabetical order of albums and on Android by the song title.

This applies to all sorting methods by I was too lazy to write them all down. But you get the point. It's very confusing to find a song when on PC it may be located in the middle of playlist and on Android it can be at the end of playlist.

1 Reply

I would like to second that! It's very confusing, as the playlist looks like it should on PC, but on Android phone, which is my default player in my car the playlist is a huge mess, and I cannot listen to a whole album from one artist, as the songs are all over the place. Seriously, sorting by artist, and then the album is the only reasonable way. Why the sorting is implemented in such a bizarre fashion in Android app is beyond me.

Suggested posts