Premium

Country

Finland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I often sort my long playlists alphabetically by the artist name. I sometimes also create playlists with alphabetical themes or based on the first letters of the artist's or band's name. For example artists beginning with a, b, c and d.

Now I've noticed that in some recent update the alphabetical ordering has been changed. For example, all the bands with "The" in their names like The Beatles and The Beach Boys are now listed under T.

This is, of course, not unheard of but quite unusual. If you go to a library, you don't usually look for The Beatles under the letter T but under the letter B because The is such a common word.

Why was this changed and will this be fixed to normal at some point?

4 Replies

Hey @Warsova

Don't worry, I'm here to help. First things first, may I ask what version of Spotify you are running?

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

My version is 1.1.10.540

Hey!

How about that help?

Hey there @Warsova,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! 

This sounds like the issue described here. If so, rest assured that the right teams are aware and looking into it.

Further, we'd recommend keeping an eye out for any updates in that thread. We'll make sure to pass on any news we have there.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts