Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound jumps on Spotify Web Player in Internet Explorer

Sound jumps on Spotify Web Player in Internet Explorer

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

HP laptop

Operating System

Windows 10 Enterprise

My Question or Issue

I can't download the Spotify player on my work laptop so I listen to Spotify in the web browser Internet Explorer. When I listen to songs the volume sometimes jumps upwards. Just today it has happened e few times per song. I have the volume on the laptop on very low, and the volume in Spotify on 50 %, but then it keeps jumping up to full volume in the Spotify web player without me touching anything. How can I fix this?

5 Replies

Hey @Silje151.

If it's possible, can you try using a different web browser on your computer? If not, let's make sure to delete all the cache and cookies in your browser before using the web player.

Let us know how it goes. 

Hi again @JuanSebastian

I deleted the cache and cookies and changed to the web player in Microsoft Edge. The sound issue disappeared, but now I have a new problem. When I'm in a playlist (either my own or one from Spotify) it stops after playing two or three songs.

When the music stops it always looks like the picture below. In the playlist it shows the sound icon as if it is playing a song, but on the bottom bar it shows as if its playing but the progress bar is at 0:00. The strange thing is that the song that is shows as if it is playing is not the song after the last one it played before it stopped, but the one after taht. So it looks like it skips a song when it stops.

When I press the pause button on the bottom bar it goes over to being a play-button after one or two clicks, but the song doesn't start playing. I can only start it playing again if I press the play button in the playlist on a specific song.

Skjermbilde.JPG

Hey @Silje151.

Thanks for the update, and sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

I know this might seem obvious, but do you think you could reset your device? This can often solve a few very common problems. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

It's a laprop and I turn it off every day when I leave work 🙂 So that
doesn't solve the problem unfortunately.

Hey there @Silje151,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to confirm, are your browsers on the latest version? Keep in mind that to enjoy Spotify your browser's version needs to be from 59 and above for Chrome and 56 and above for Firefox.

In addition, Spotify requires unrestricted access to the internet in order for the Web Player to function as expected. If this issue doesn't occur when you're connected on a different internet connection, you may need to reach out to your IT department if this occurs in a work network for further instructions. 

Let us know if that helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts