Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Ryzen 7 5800x RTX 3080 32GB DDR4 RAM 

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

After hitting play on the spotify program, I hear sound for 0.1 second then it completely cuts out. I've tried a CLEAN install, driver updates etc. It's playing on this device and my audio is set on the headphones. When I cast on my TV it works fine, just won't play on my PC itself. Spotify on web works fine, other apps work totally fine too. Would love a fix. 

3 Replies

Hey @pjoep,

Sorry to see this has been happening to you & thank you for the provided info about the troubleshooting steps done so far.
Could you please confirm this happens to all of your tracks, including those saved under your Liked Songs?
In case it does, we'd like to suggest one more thing that would hopefully make a difference:

As there are currently two active versions of the app - one from our website and one you can download from the Microsoft app store (optimized for Windows), could you try installing the one you currently don't have & let us know if this makes any difference?

Many thanks in advance! We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response. 

This happens to all of my tracks, including those saved under my Liked Songs. I've tried both versions of Spotify and both experience the exact same issue. 

Any other solutions?

Hey @pjoep,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

We'd suggest to open the Spotify App in compatibility mode. You can do that by right clicking on the app icon > Properties > Compatibility > run this program in compatibility mode. It's also a good idea to turn off Enable hardware acceleration in your Settings. Give your device a quick restart as well and then try again. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts