Premium

Country

Israel

Device

ThinkPad laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have Spotify installed on my home computer, my phone, my iPad and my work laptop.

The home computer, phone, and iPad all work great and I can control any device from the 2 others.

My work laptop, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be recognized by any of the other devices. I tried removing and reinstalling the software, and I made sure the problem is not network/firewall related, by testing the network connection between the 2 computers. I even tried one of Spotify's ports and it worked, so that's probably not the issue.

What else may cause it? Is there a device limit that I'm not aware of?

I also read about "Offline Devices", but that option in the settings is not available anymore, so I can't check if it's related.

Thanks to all helpers 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It turns out it's a regression bug. I tried installing a previous version downloaded from Wayback Machine and it worked.

The working version: 1.1.10.540

The updated version with the regression (not working): 1.1.28.721

Maybe it's worth mentioning the installer I used was the full offline installer, but it wasn't the first offline installer I tried. I also tried the regular one from the official website (version 1.1.26.501), and it didn't work as well, so you can take that into consideration to find the bug. 

I hope there are some developers in the forum or someone who can let them know about the bug.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

It turns out it's a regression bug. I tried installing a previous version downloaded from Wayback Machine and it worked.

The working version: 1.1.10.540

The updated version with the regression (not working): 1.1.28.721

Maybe it's worth mentioning the installer I used was the full offline installer, but it wasn't the first offline installer I tried. I also tried the regular one from the official website (version 1.1.26.501), and it didn't work as well, so you can take that into consideration to find the bug. 

I hope there are some developers in the forum or someone who can let them know about the bug.

This is unbelievable! The software performed an auto-update and now it isn't working again!

I've already spent too many hours trying to fix it, and even after I found a solution they forced the bugged version!!

Is there someone here who actually works for Spotify?

Suggested posts