Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sporatically changes songs, pauses, sets itself to shuffle, changes to songs to genres i never liste

Solved!

Sporatically changes songs, pauses, sets itself to shuffle, changes to songs to genres i never liste

been having this issue after i started sharing my spotify with my family.

Now it changes song to generas i never listen to, pauses plays sets to shuffle changes albums, and all on its own.

i havent reached the end of an album when it does this, so its not spotifies feature where it gives you other song you may like when my music is done.

instead it randomly chooses an album when i start up my computer from albums i never have listened to.

this ALSO happens on my phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @tagart3, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

Sounds like someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page here, for the next steps we'd recommend taking.

The right team will reunite you with your music shortly!

Have a great week.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @tagart3, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

Sounds like someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page here, for the next steps we'd recommend taking.

The right team will reunite you with your music shortly!

Have a great week.

I believe so too. ive been seeing music that is french, and they have been listening on a devide that is a moto G 5. dont recognize that device from anyone in the house. as well othe devices keep showing up. anyway you could find who is who and remove them?

Hey @tagart3!

Right now, there isn't a way to find out who's been using your Spotify account. However, once you follow the steps on the link above, you should get rid of them for good.

In case they continue using your account after resetting your password and logging out from all devices, you'll need to contact the right team.

All the best.

Suggested posts