Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotfiy Doesn't Play Playlists

Solved!

Spotfiy Doesn't Play Playlists

Here's the issue. Spotify will launch and play everything not added as a playlist, that is, just click on a song in the main browser window. However, when that same song is added to a playlist, it won't play at all. So, no album or song will play once it's added as a playlist.

Steps taken so far

• Un-installed and re-installed.
  • Un-installed, cleaned obsolete registry keys and deleted Spotfiy folder from Program Files and re-installed.
  • Checked for changes made to the OS, updates, etc. as it was working fine yesterday...no changes.
  • Checked Spotify Status for playlist server errors...nothing posted.
  • Trolled around here to no avail, hence the post.

I have Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. It's super annoying because I have Premium and...let's be honest, Spotify support is non existant; no contact info, nothing. I would understand if this was a free service, but come on, people are paying money for this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This was the very first thing I tried...see the top of the page! I listed it in the steps taken. It's not as if I'm ignoring suggestions. I've tried everything suggested so far, even repeating things I've already done for the sake of following instructions and suggestions.

And I just tried it again and the issue persists. If I click on the link, it doesn't play at all...I think I'm about giving up on this. It's extremely annoying, but I'll just get these tracks elsewhere; as stated previously, other albums play fine, it's only certain ones and I've already deleted all playlists and just tried playing from the main browser window and still nothing.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

AHA!!!

I've figured it out.

The songs were linking with local files, but since the songs were prompting iTunes (an application that wasn't currently open) it didn't play the files.

Un-linking the songs worked. Right click on the song, then select un-link.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Does closing Spotify then running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode help at all?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

No, but good thought. I set the compatibity mode, just to test, in all other versions of Windows that 8 supports. It was working, as I said, a few days ago, but not now.

Actually, bit of an odd discovery. Some items will play fine, others now won't play at all, whether from the main browser window or in a playlist.

Makes me think there may be something wrong with the tracks on the Spotify servers?

Turns out everything I had on playlists just wasn't working...I randomly tried something off the What's New section and it played.

Phoenix's new album, Bankrupt! won't play at all, neither will Wolfgang. Very strange...

that is very strange. perhaps a internal problem in the app that can be solved by a clean uninstallation?

can you send me a link of this playlist that you're talking about?

Any luck? I still have the issue.

I just clicked on that artist release link the songs start right up.

Maybe like has been suggested trying to do a clean reinstall of spotify might fix this issue. The first is to uninstall spotify, after you have uninstalled spotify just reinstall the version you was using and see if the issues are fixed. You will have to also resynch playlists again if you do offline playback or synch downloaded tracks to a device.

Marked as solution

This was the very first thing I tried...see the top of the page! I listed it in the steps taken. It's not as if I'm ignoring suggestions. I've tried everything suggested so far, even repeating things I've already done for the sake of following instructions and suggestions.

And I just tried it again and the issue persists. If I click on the link, it doesn't play at all...I think I'm about giving up on this. It's extremely annoying, but I'll just get these tracks elsewhere; as stated previously, other albums play fine, it's only certain ones and I've already deleted all playlists and just tried playing from the main browser window and still nothing.

Marked as solution

AHA!!!

I've figured it out.

The songs were linking with local files, but since the songs were prompting iTunes (an application that wasn't currently open) it didn't play the files.

Un-linking the songs worked. Right click on the song, then select un-link.

went to app manager on phone and hit FORCE STOP on the spotify app. Playlists are playing fine meowww.

I also can't play it on my phone

Suggested posts