Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 1.0.x Feedback. HORRIBLE UPDATE.

Solved!

Spotify 1.0.x Feedback. HORRIBLE UPDATE.

So today I was listening music and appeared the bar telling to me that a new version was ready to install.

Is the worst update in the history of spotify, here is why.

I'm using windows 7.

No Apps

Not even an alert or something, they are gone.

Can't minimize to tray

With the old app, you can minimize the app to tray, and when you click on close (x) the app still playing music in background. Now, it doesn't

Fixed!

High RAM Usage.

Practically is the web player inside the "desktop" app. Is not native, is slower, and just opening it consumes 200MB of RAM. now It wont be possible to use it on older computers.

The scrolling is slower a little bit and is too clear, CHANGE THE COLOR!

I DON'T WANT A WEBPAGE INSIDE A DESKTOP APLICATION.

Partially Fixed. Performance is better now. Keep improving

Activity Feed

Is gone again. Don't you read our feedback? WE LIKE THIS FEATURE. Don't remove it.

They Fixed this.

Can't Deactivate webhelper

In older versions It was possible, I don't want that process in the background all the time.

Show/hide unplayable tracks

I like to know which songs I can't play. Bring this feature back.

Fixed!

This is what I found by now. I just, DON'T LIKE IT.

Miss the old old spotify 😞

71 Replies

@fzafranYou must manually download the Beta from here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Welcome-to-the-Desktop-Beta/td-p/932803

Previously it wouldn't auto update, so you had to check that thread regularly. But now I'm not sure.

SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!

Now this is official. At teast they listen some feedback, but it still sucks, It's incredible it can't be closed and minimized to tray, and it is still a web app inside a desktop one.

Bring Back the PLAY QUEUE PLEASE!?  New update is HORRIBLE! Spotify is Fantastic but the new update is not!

@allent392 The Play Queue hasn't been removed. The Play Queue icon should be located in the bottom right hand corner of the app to the left of the Shuffle button. 

Ugh, my computer had to restart for an update, which means my Spotify is now updated. It is terrible. You guys at Spotify must realise this right? I mean, you used to be really good at adding what the community wanted, so why are you now taking all our stuff away? The new activity feed is appalling, I can't search for things, drag and drop is broken for multiple items, the layout is terrible - the top bar is far bigger then necessary and can't be adjusted, apps are just gone. Oh I suppose we did get lyrics which I won't ever need to use because I have ears.

I predict a mass exodus once apple release their program unless you guys pull it together, I know I will be amongst the people leaving. 

In summary: absolutely shoddy work, I really hope someones been fired for this.

Glad I've got mine locked on a much older version still. Seems they don't have a clue what they're doing still lol

I was automatically getting beta updates and was sick of the terrible updates 😕
Marked as solution

"If you’re wondering, “Why did Spotify bother to rewrite their desktop app and make all these changes?” one of the main reasons was simple: To improve our ability to build new features faster."

I get rewriting apps - done that myself. But if we ever took away frequently used features and provided absolutely no features of greater value for the end users (and end users don't care that you'll be saving development costs - spare us the the "new features faster!" guff) our clients would be showing us the door.

Prbly going to end my premium and look for another alternative because of this update. The killing of all apps is my main issue i really enjoyed using my last fm app with/in spotify and various others.

Wow. I've been reading this thread and I wonder how Spotify still thought the update was a good idea after receiving the (forced) beta testers feedback.

To go ahead and publish the update is so unreasonable that I believe we must be missing something here. There has to be an economic issue involved somehow, because no company would do what Spotify did to itself if there is not a compeling economic reason to do so. 

This update does something cheaper (I don't know, like making easier the develpment of different versions for mac, pc, android, ios, etc), or allows something that can be monetized, or something like that. If such a reason does not exist, then it is just a huge clusterf***.

Anyway, I am happy now that I have been able to bring back all my machines to 0.8.5. Mobile app still needs improvement but as I manage my playlists mainly on my computers, I don't care much about that. I believe sooner or later they will be back to where 0.8.5 was. Until then, I am content if left there unmolested and unupdated.

Even with the updates that fix some of the things that were missing when I posted this the update stills being horrible.

I'm sure that Spotify doesn't care about the customers and their opinion.

Some things have been improved, and fixed. Keep improving the app

Moved to new laptop .. decided I'd try the "current" version of spotify..

**BLEEP** retarded, the current version still s*cks **BLEEP**.

Version: 1.0.20.101.ge6957e14

1) screen realestate wasted

2) "like" option is still not returned

3) where the **BLEEP** is the queue so I can see whats there and whats next?

4) still next to **BLEEP** impossible to see scroll bars

**BLEEP** hate the current rev.. back to 1.0.8/1.0.9 for me, your developers shoudl have their **BLEEP** knuckles whacked by a yardstick.

Suggested posts