Spotify Ads infected by viruses?

Re: Spotify Ads infected by viruses?

BetsyMurgatroyd

How soon do you suppose soon is? This should have been taken care of the moment they realized it was happening. It's Thursday morning PST and I just got a warning from AVG today about this myvnc.com - There are a lot of angry people blowing up that myvnc.com thread on the AVG website and I don't blame them. I know I could get a premium and not worry about the ads, but it's really unfair to force people to have to buy premium so they don't have to wory about their computers being infested and possibly ruined. I'd like to think they care about that, but I'm having misgivings.

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Hello folks. Spotify here. We thought we'd give you another update to let you know that we're looking into this with our ad operations team. We haven't been able to replicate this but rest assured we're still investigating. We'll be back shortly with an update. 

Rollo_
Roadie

And in the meantime, modify your host file as I suggested on the previous page [assuming you read other posts before starting to rant].  This will block them before they even hit your AV software.  Yes, its a problem that shouldn't happen but come on guys, its a group effort here.  I figured it out and I'm an old fart.

In the time you spend writing a gripe post in the forum you could have your hosts file editted.

@Rorey wrote:

Hello folks. Spotify here. We thought we'd give you another update to let you know that we're looking into this with our ad operations team. We haven't been able to replicate this but rest assured we're still investigating. We'll be back shortly with an update. 

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone. We believe we may have improved this since last week. Can anyone let us know if you're still experiencing this issue?

Highlighted

Rorey
Spotify Legend

We're happy to say we haven't seen any new or reoccurring reports of this so we're going to lock this thread. If you're experiencing any new issues, feel free to post a new thread in the appropriate board. Thanks everyone!

SUGGESTED POSTS