Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App Won't Load

Spotify App Won't Load

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

I've been having an issue with the Spotify Windows app for the last few weeks. When I open it, most times the app will open and just sit there blank and not load anything at all. I then have to kill off the app on Task Manager as it still runs in the background when I close it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck. Getting very frustrated with this.

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hey @FallingUp,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Even if you already tried reinstalling the app, it'd be good for you to check this Spotify Answer regarding how to perform a "clean" (more thorough than a "simple") reinstall of Spotify with your Windows 10. Deleting any remaining traces of your current Spotify setup and then installing the app from scratch might likely do the trick in this case.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply and be here if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same issue to the last letter, even if I close the app from the menu it hangs and I can't restart it until I end it from the task manager. Somehow the second start always works. The more annoying thing is that I get a new login notification in my email inbox every time I start the app. It started happening the beginning of this month for me too, definitely a buggy update.

Tried this clean install thing that you linked. Every time there is an issue with the app some moderator suggests clean install and it never works... The fact is, that the desktop app was always garbage and will be.

Hey there folks!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

If the reinstall of the app doesn't make a difference we can continue our troubleshooting with some other steps.

We recommend following the steps from this Spotify Answer to check your hosts file. 

In case your issue persists, we'll need to know your Spotify versions and if you have downloaded the app from the Microsoft store.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts