Spotify App doesn't start up Win 10

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Acer Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10 64bit Version 1803 (Build 17134.228)

My Question or Issue

I have tried to install spotify on my laptop with windows 10 before. However, I always get the same error where the spotify app does not start correctly. If you start Spotify after the installation you only see a frame on the screen without content, see picture. No matter how long you wait, nothing happens.

When starting spotify appWhen starting spotify app

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Keylargo, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just hit the ALT key on your keyboard to reveal the Menu Bar, inside the View tab find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable HA then confirm to restart Spotify.

Please make sure to keep yourself update on this thread and add your details there as this seems to be under investigation from Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Keylargo, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just hit the ALT key on your keyboard to reveal the Menu Bar, inside the View tab find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable HA then confirm to restart Spotify.

Please make sure to keep yourself update on this thread and add your details there as this seems to be under investigation from Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey Loxer,

I just tried it and it worked. Thank you very much for your help!

Suggested posts