Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Spotify application doesn't work at all. It's been like this for weeks. When it opens up, it's just blank and it freezes up. I can't end it in my processes because there's one spotify process that won't end until I reset my computer, and even then it still won't work. I've tried a clean reinstall, and **bleep** I even tried to download an old version. The website one works, but not the application I downloaded. It's very frustrating as I went as far as to go into the networks and turned off network discovery and literally nothing is working? 

5 Replies

you might have to delete and redownload the app and shutdown your computer and restart. you might have to see if you can update to a later software if nothing else works. i have windows 7 and spotify works fine, so im not sure if its just the computer you have or if the app is bugging out.

hope this helps

~maiaisabellaxo

I tried that but it still doesn't work it's weird, just stopped working one day

anyone from spotify team?

Can anyone from the actual spotify team somehow help?

Hey @nicasd234

Did you delete Spotify files from %appdata%? I saw you mentioned clean reinstall, but I just want to ask over. 🙂

I'd suggest uninstalling Spotify (using CCleaner, Revo Uninstaller or other uninstallers), restarting the computer, downloading this offline installer and installing that.

If it's still not working correctly, I would recommend going to Safe Mode to see if it works normally there.

You can also uninstall and reinstall Spotify in Safe Mode.

To enter Safe Mode, type msconfig to Start menu, open the program, go to Boot tab and select Safe Boot (put radio button to Network, for Internet Access).
To get out of Safe Mode, go to msconfig again and remove the tick from Safe Boot.

Also, if possible, you can try disabling hardware acceleration. Spotify has it under menu dots - View.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts