Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell XPS 13

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I open the desktop app, I get an error message in a blue bar across the top of the program that says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer, you can import it."

This message appears upon opening the program before I even attempt to play any music! When I do actually click on something, it begins playing just fine and the message goes away. There's clearly no issue with my internet connection.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Spotify desktop app, and the message stopped showing up for a period of time. However, now it is coming back again. It is a nuisance, but so far doesn't impact my ability to use Spotify. I would like to know how to get rid of this error message though.

Thanks

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Can't Play This Right Now error when opening program

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hi there @hendo1024,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

The error that's happening on your device is error 4.

This error describes an issue where the app is unable to create a functioning connecting with the internet connection in hand.

What i would like you to try is to make sure there isn't a firewall/anti-virus blocking the app - allow all permissions.

Furthermore, will sound too easy but works sometimes, please disconnect your modem/router for a full minute and plug it back in.

In addition, i would also like to refer you to this community solution of the same issue as it do the trick.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS