Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Causes my Windows 10 64-bit System to Freeze

Spotify Causes my Windows 10 64-bit System to Freeze

System just becomes unresponsive at random times while Spotify is open that I have to restart the laptop using the hardware button (can't even Ctrl-Alt-Del). Spotify also has a habit of deleting the songs I've saved in my hard drive at random ocassions. What gives?

3 Replies

YUP. This has been happening to me since the Creators Update. I switched to the Windows Store version of the app, which seems to lock up the system less often, but it's still happening. Dealbreaker. (I'm a Premium subscriber, but now planning to cancel.)

Thanks for replying. Yeah, I found out only lately that there was already a Windows Store version so I tried it. Completely removed the old version first, though, just to be sure. So far it's been working okay and it hasn't deleted any of my downloads yet, but I'll keep observing.

Tried to the Windows Store version but I was still having problems so I just gave up. Been seeing posts describing similar issues anyway so I decided to just stop paying for my premium subscription. The music library may have been worth the money, but the app itself was making the experience too unpleasant.

Suggested posts