Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Closes After 1-2 Songs.

Spotify Closes After 1-2 Songs.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have had Spotify for a long time and it has worked near perfectly but a couple of days ago I upgraded to premium and then after about one to two songs my Spotify will randomly close. It doesn't tell me anything when it closes and when I bring it back up it doesn't say anything out of the ordinary and puts the song I was listening to at the beginning. I have also noticed in task manager that it says I have 6 different Spotify tabs which seem very weird. And something that is really weird is when I click the system tray it shows usually around 3-6 different Spotify symbols but then they all disappear other than 1. I have also redownloaded it twice from the website and once from the Microsoft store and it hasn't fixed.

Spotify1.PNG
6 Replies

I'm having this issue too, yesterday it was fine but the update this morning just outright broke the app.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

As a first step, try logging out, restarting your devices, and logging back in. If that doesn't make any difference, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached and corrupted files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I've reinstalled twice now, files were cleaned before reinstalling. Recent update is what introduced this issue for me.

I did all of the steps you told me to do and it still closes after a couple songs.

Hi again folks,

Thanks for trying and keeping in touch.

Can you check your firewall and antivirus and make sure that Spotify doesn't have any restrictions?

Also, try restarting your routers by unplugging them from power for a couple of minutes to see if that makes any difference.

We'll be looking out for your replies.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Try this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Since-today-the-app-crashes-randomly/m-p/5207777/hi...

Worked out perfectly for me and solved the issue you described...

Suggested posts