Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(Surface Go, Dell Desktop)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Spotify Connect needs an on/off switch. There are many reasons, but my main one is as follows: I have Spotify installed on an elderly relative's computer at their house. They (a couple) know their way around a computer well enough, but can't find a way to turn Spotify off when it 'randomly' starts playing miles away from where I am, because I was listening to music or a podcast on my laptop.

This is a big issue, as occasionally it takes them a long time to turn off, with or without instruction. I could just uninstall it off of their computer, but then I'd have to go through the hassle of un/reinstalling it each time I use Spotify at their house. 

Anyway, please, please create a solution to this problem. I absolutely love Spotify, I use it multiple times a week, and this (to me) is the only issue, but it's a fairly important one. Thank you for reading this.

In the future, I may consider creating an alternate account exclusively for their computer, but again, this should probably be fixed either way. Thank you, and have a nice day.

1 Reply

Hey there @-jamieb-,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this matter.

We think, creating a separate account for your relatives to use would be the best way to proceed in this case. This way they'll be able to listen to content independently.

If you'd like to avoid playing music on their device accidentally you'll have to always check which device music will be playing on. This is easy to do both on Desktop and on Mobile. Just make sure the device you're listening on is Green in the Connect menu. Note that if they want to play something in the same time, your playback will be interrupted.

If you think other users might also like the ability to have an On/Off switch, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts