Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Solved!

Re: Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Thiago_Pereira
Casual Listener
For those still interested, I solved the problem by manually installing the latest deb package:

http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify-client/

cylaar
Casual Listener
Well this at least get it playing now. Thanks for that. Weird how that happened. Currently happening on my win10 pc a OnePlus2 5.1.1 note3
4.2.2 and Yamaha rx-v675. Any known real fix as opposed to the work around?

hagegebenjamin
Music Fan

Spotify Connect not working anymore for me on my receiver Pioneer VSX 830, even after clean reinstall. Help please ? 

Viking2121
Casual Listener
Yeah. Mine actually started to give me problems again yesterday, Reinstalling that app on both my Phone and PC didn't, but after I reinstalled it on my HP Tablet it worked to control the PC. But to control the PC from my phone it would freeze the app on the phone...

Well, good thing I canceled my Subscription then, For what I do, VLC remote playback plugin works on both my tablet and Phone to control my PC, but I still have to have the internet for it to work, Oh well.

NCARalph
Casual Listener

Recently one of my desktops has been intermittently be disappearing from the list of available devices on both my Android and other Desktops, even when it is actually playing Spotify. Last night while playing on the desktop, my Android didn't show it in the list and showed Spotify as playing on the Android. When I touched a song on the Android, it started playing it while the music from the desktop was also playing, so I was listening to two different streams simultaneously!

All the desktops are running Windows 10 and I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on both desktop and Android.

If I kill Spotify on the desktop and restart it, it shows back up on the list of available devices, but after awhile, hours or days, it vanishes again. What really surprises me though is that even if the desktop Spotify is playing, it's not on the other machines' list.

Triphibian
Casual Listener

Having the same problem with my Onkyo receiver and the Spotify app. When I select the receiver in the app it says, "connecting..." then nothing happens. 

Not exactly sure how "reset everything" is the solution to this. Love how Spotify considers an issue closed if one poster says it got fixed.

Drzechu
Casual Listener
Still having problem with spotify connect. My hi fi player is a minx Xi from cambridge audio. And I can't listen anything because the music present several drop outs and gaps. First I thought was the internet conection but when I play music from my Itune library in the minx xi no matter the bitrate of the song there is no gaps even with 320 kbps. I think the problem is with the app. and how I read others posts it happens with diferents hi fi players.

Damo4
Casual Listener
Could you talk us through this? Cheers

4bonaventure

ok... lost service... hope they give me a refund.. will try another service.... hate this lack of attention to issues... if you missed your payment they would sure fix that fast enough

wrenner70

SUGGESTED POSTS