Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Solved!

Spotify Connect Not Working At All

Still got premium. It's worked for months, until today it decided to randomly stop working. I can see only the PS4 on both my iPod and Desktop. This is extremely frustrating as i'm paying for this service and i just sorted out all my tech issues. I've tried logging out everywhere and that hasn't worked. I feel like Spotify might be having issues with their connect system as i'm pretty darn sure it's not my end. It's worked fine for ages and nothing has changed since then. 

118 Replies

My solution for now is to use the Spotify Web Player. It sees my other devices just fine from my PC.

From my Pixel 2, I can see my Sonos:1 speaker but when I select it... nothing happens.  The music just continues to play via the phone speaker.

This worked perfectly a few weeks ago but suddenly stopped working.

Please help!

I also have a Denon receiver, which used to be playable from both my Android phone and laptop, but neither device can "see" it anymore. I've restarted everything, reinstalled Spotify, and confirmed all devices are on the same network, to no avail. FWIW, the receiver isn't visible from the Spotify web player either.

I've been a Premium Spotify customer since 9/2013 and I swear each year it gets worse. This is just one more reason, perhaps the last one, that convinces me to switch to one of the many attractive alternatives out there.

I CAN NOT DOWNLOAD MUSIC IT KEEPS SAYING IM OFFLINE :::((((    I DID EVERYTHING TO FIX IT -  NOTHING WORKED ::(((     I UN INSTALLED SPOTIFY AND RE INSTALLED IT AND IT STILL SAYS OFFLINE :::(((((     AND I LOST MY WHOLE MUSIC  LIST ::::(((((       I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR 1 MONTH ALREADY THE PREMIUM AND IT SAYS THAT I DONT EVEN HAVE IT ::::(((((      HELP !!!!!

Spotify connect has completely stopped working between my android and Denon x4300.  It worked great at first, then became a bit spotty over the last month, now just doesn't work at all.

**bleep**.

Yeah, Same issue here. My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge will no longer connect to my Denon X2200 anymore. I agree with previous comments. Spotify connect is getting worse and worse.

It aint working for me ether with my chromecast audio, Please Spotify do something about it.

Dropped a mail about the problem to the Support department of Spotify hope to have a reaction back soon. Will keep you updated.

Same here, not seeing any device, nor my Marantz SR7009 nor my HEOS Link. Rebooted my phone, that worked once. It sometimes sees my Philips TV, but pretty much never connect. 

Absolutely worthless.

Have same problem, All worked fine for years and now since about month can not connect to my Yamaha R-N500 from PC. I can see the device on the list but when I press – nothing happens!

What is Spotify support doing?

Same problem here. Denon shows up in list, yet not always. Sometimes I'm able to play music but mostly the connection fails. I'm in the same wifi network.

Can't connect my iEAST streamer with Spotify. I can see it on the divaces list, but can't connect. Was working for the last year, no problem, but now. 

Any help or advice? 

Thanks

After latest update, Spotify start working properly now. I can use my iEAST streamer again.  

Thank you. 

For months I was able to send Spotify from my computer to a Yamaha RXV483 --- now I can't get Spotify on the device.

Both PC and Yamaha are connected (hard wired) to the same network.  I can see the Yamaha on the PC but when I got to Spotify I can't connect to the device.  Clearly something has changed...

And the latest update (version 1.0.68.407.g6864aaaf) has broken the link to my amp again. I think it's time to cancel my subscription, I'm fed up of paying £10 a month to be messed about like ths.

I'm having the same issue.

First my Denon 1300 was working fine for months, then suddenly either I cannot see it in the devices list, see it but cannot connect or can connect but not play a song. Connected via wifi and ethernet. I've tried rebooting all equipment (receiver  router, app, phone itself)  

Now, in a new house with different router. Same issues with the Denon.
Also, I have placed a RasberryPi with an amplifier and Volumio, same story. Could connect flawlessly, but now not anymore  Rebooted everything in different orders.

Luckily playing Spotify via Bluetooth in my car keeps working  else I'd sign off for this real quick .. 

I only use Spotify on my Android phone.

And for f*cks sake, how difficult is it to make a forum work on a mobile device? Keybord doesn't recognise the text-field and doesn't launch, and when it does after reloading the page, sometimes (not all the time) . and , are not registered as input but as an extra space. My ... becomes  .. wth?

Huh I started having this exact same problem a few days ago and this "pressing the radio button on the top left works for me as well.  Weird. The thing is  I really like to use spotify connect with my phone 😞

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Community!

In this case, it's better if you turn to our support team who will be able to have a closer look. You can find them here 🙂

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts