Family Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Monster Tulpar T5 v19.1

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify Connect doesn't work on the windows app, but it works with the Spotify web player and my tablet. I tried reinstalling Spotify after deleting every folder about it, but it still doesn't work. The app in the Microsoft store doesn't work too.

For example: Right now, I'm listening to a song on my phone. It shows my phone as a device on the Spotify web app, but the windows Spotify app doesn't connect to my phone or any other device. The Spotify connect screen is always empty. The screenshots are in the attachments. I used other networks and other devices, but the windows app never shows another device.

Ek Açıklama 2020-08-18 150120.png

Ek Açıklama 2020-08-18 150058.png

  

3 Replies

Hey there @lilyildiz!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community. We'll be happy to share a bit more info on this.

Mobile devices and speakers don't show automatically on the desktop app unless you had the app open on them first or played music with the app active on both devices.

We recommend suggesting it on our Ideas board if you'd like that feature changed so that it could get support from other users as well. Take a look at this page to see how to post an Idea.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I think I found what the problem is. There is a song that is grey on my liked songs. This song doesn't show up on my phone or my web player. I cant remove this song from my liked songs. When I press the heart button, it doesn't do anything. I tried reinstalling the app several times. The screenshot is in the attachments. Thank you 🙂

Ekran görüntüsü 2020-11-16 203502.png

Hey @lilyildiz,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If that doesn't help, you can check the hosts file with these steps.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts