Spotify Connect stopped working on streaming device

Re: Spotify Connect stopped working on streaming device

bluphobia
Regular

Totally agree.

It was working fine....it works fine with the old version (before the forced upgrade) and I don't know why they just can't fix it.

I have had to try and stop the autoupdate as well. So far so good, but really...i shouldn't need to do any of this.

wazza18
Casual Listener

I can see my two speakers listed as available devices.  when I click on them nothing happens.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice...  after each install it works fine... but then when I turn on my computer again it does not work... back to sqaure one. 

rinse and repeat....

It works fine on another computer with no issues.  Both computers have the same version 1.0.96.181

b0Ni12
Regular

i installed 1.0.73.345 yesterday its fixed my issue, also i removed this version yesterday and installed from windows store again. still working with new version. idk my account fixed or using this version fixed my issue

nvm its broken again lol

AnotherStranger
Regular

They can't be serious. I pay Premium for my friends, so I can't just "switch" to a new account without breaking**bleep**, too.

I will downgrade and see if that fixes the issue.

Highlighted

darlintr
Casual Listener

We have the same problem.  I chated with their support for a half hour.  They do not seem to have a solution.  They did however agree to report the problem to their higher technical group.  I would suggest that more people report the issue to get their attention that the pc software has a fundamental problem with win 10.

user-removed
Not applicable

When speaking to Spotify before I was forced to make a new account they said it's an account specific issue and there is no fix.

Everyone just needs to contact support, they seem unwilling to comment on this or respond in any way. It's utterly ridiculous.

Boeman

What seemed to do the trick for me was turning off hardware acceleration. I turned it on again after and it still worked. The next morning after phone and desktop reboot it still worked. Not saying this is the fix, but it didn't work before that and did after...

bluphobia
Regular

@Boeman wrote:

What seemed to do the trick for me was turning off hardware acceleration. I turned it on again after and it still worked. The next morning after phone and desktop reboot it still worked. Not saying this is the fix, but it didn't work before that and did after...

Interesting.

I just turned this off on my machine that auto updated the app and it now connects to all devices straight away.

I will keep monitoring this.

wazza18
Casual Listener

Interesting Find... This may actually work...

Problem was still there today...

I just logged out into my Spotify account and clicked "Sign out of Everywhere".

I then logged back in on the computer with the issue and was able to get my WIFI speakers through Spotify Connect working again. 

Perhaps there is a conflict when multiple devices have been controling the speakers???  Not sure but it just worked.... now for some further tests...

Test #1: I will reboot the machine and see if it still works....  Rebooting now...

Result: Yup... still working.... 

Test # 2: log into spotify from my main desktop and try Spotify Connect....

Result:  Perfect... works from main desktop

Test #3: Go back to problem machine (I will restart it again while main desktop running spotify connect)

Result:  Still working!!!!

Conclusion:  This has only worked now for 15 minutes with a few tests so I may be back tomorrow if the problem comes up again...  but for now it seems there is a CONFLICT somewhere with all the devices that have been using Spotify.  Log into your account...  Under Account Overview... Sign Out Everywhere.

Done :)

Spotify.JPG

bluphobia
Regular

I tried that yesterday and nothing.

But today, i noticed that my home machine downstairs upgraded to the latest version again and it was still working.

I removed the hosts file changes and re-installed new again...and it has now been working fine all day.

I don't know what to believe anymore. All I know is that it's working again with the latest version with hardware accelration enabled.

SUGGESTED POSTS