Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect stopped working on streaming device

Spotify Connect stopped working on streaming device

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The Spotify desktop software no longer plays through my streaming device via Connect. The device appears briefly as a Connect option. The software is trying to connect to the streaming device which is indicated by the application flickering at the bottom of the screen.

I am able to use Spotify Connect via a Windows 7 PC, Android phone and via the webplayer.

I have re-set the router on my network and this made no difference. 

Anyone else experiencing similiar problems?

46 Replies

Oddly enough, without me doing anything, it's been working fine all day. Never contacted support or anything, so I'm going to assume they fixed something behind the scenes recently... So much for this "unfixable" issue though, huh?

Imagine if you ditched your account and started a new one yesterday!

Seems to be fixed (Touches wood)

In support chat I referenced this thread, and had them create a new account and migrate all playlists, etc - it took about 20mins and all is fixed. 

@user-removed wrote:

In support chat I referenced this thread, and had them create a new account and migrate all playlists, etc - it took about 20mins and all is fixed. 

It just worked today without any fixes. Unsure why.

I am having visibility issues with my Sony STR-DN1070 on the Spotify App, but the phone has triggered it and it's now selectable.

Did they mention a fix done at their level?

Downgrading to 1.7 or what fixed my issue.

I may update sometime, but since I am using Spicetify, I just blocked it from updating.

Thank you all! 🙂

But, is it really fixed? 

@AnotherStranger wrote:

Downgrading to 1.7 or what fixed my issue.

I may update sometime, but since I am using Spicetify, I just blocked it from updating.

Thank you all! 🙂

But, is it really fixed? 

Worked all day at work on a machine that was not working for weeks. My home machine was also upgraded yesterday to the latest version when it stopped working...but it's also working today.

I guess you could always test it and revert back if you're having trouble.

My desktop application appears to of settle down. For now.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Suggested posts