I've got the exact same issue, unistalling with iobit unistaller, cleaning reg with ccleaner then installing again worked for the first time. Then I re-started the app and the problem appeared again, i've got this issue from a couple of days.
Been happening to me these past couple days. No matter what I would do, it would only working for the first time starting it up. It also isn't affecting everyone, since several of my friends don't have this problem.
I also removed every connection from my Spotify account (i just went to the spotify website/account overview/apps). It worked for the first start of the app, but after closing it and starting again it stopped working. Pretty annoying since im using spotify roughly 10 hours a day.