Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect with Windows 10 does not see devices

Spotify Connect with Windows 10 does not see devices

Music plays fine on its own, however my question is related to Windows 10 and Spotify Connect specifically. While using Windows 10, I cannot see ANY of my Spotify devices inside my network unless music is already playing on one of my devices. I have attempted using both the Desktop version and Windows App Store version - results remain the same.

However, while on my network, my Android phone can see all available devices just fine. If I start playing music on my Android phone, then suddenly I am able to see the devices available on my Windows 10 laptop populate.

Why is this?

The only firewall that I have on my laptop is Windows Defender Firewall, and that is set to Allow all inbound and outbound traffic on both Public and Private networks for the Spotify executable. My network adapter is set to Private on my adapter settings. I know this because if I delete them all, and then re-launch Spotify, the firewall dialog appears and I select to Allow.

2 Replies

Likewise, my Sony STR-DN1060 with Spotify Connect only shows up on the Android but NOT on the Windows 10 (store) app - unless I'm already playing on the Spotify Connect device.

I'm inclined to say it's not your Windows or firewall or anything else on your network but the issue lies solely with Spotify.

In the past, I remember similar complaints about the Windows app not seeing Chromecast devices and Spotify blamed that on Google.

Who do we blame now when Spotify cannot see Spotify Connect?

It's become a sad affair with Spotify's issues, bugs, dropped features and ignorance towards customer requests.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one seeing this issue. I literally
have tried everything that I could think of that makes sense (firewalls and
network adapter profiles).

I really do hope that someone out there has come across this with a
possible solution, or perhaps Spotify developers see this and acknowledge
this potential bug.

Suggested posts