Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've seen a lot of posts about this issue, though none of the solutions seem to work for me. As the title states, whenever I try to listen to Spotify on my computer, it will skip endlessly. Works just fine on any other device, even when I control them from my computer. Whenever I try to play music on my computer, even if I'm controlling it through another device like my phone, it will endlessly skip songs within a second of the beginning. 

I have tried:

Reinstalling Spotify

Disabling Windows Defender

Web Player works just fine

Messed around with settings like hardware acceleration, proxy, etc...

Checked Host files

Updating and rolling back Sound Drivers

Downloading Spotify through Microsoft Store rather than Website

Clearing Spotify Cache

Changing my output device

Restarting the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

Simply restarting my computer

Updating Java

I'm on the latest version of Windows and everything else works completely fine. I've been trying to solve this for a couple of days not but have had no results.

1 Reply

Hey there @Swattles

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

If you experience constant and uncontrollable skips when trying to play music on the Spotify desktop app you might've encountered an issue that we're currently looking into. 

We suggest checking out this Ongoing Issue and adding your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

You can also Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts