Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps crashing after update

Solved!

Spotify keeps crashing after update

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

iOS 16.5.1

Spotify: 8.8.50.456

My Question or Issue

It’s the third time that i try to listen to Bruddanem by JID entirely and I can’t because Spotify crashes every time. 

I am exhausted with the bugs in this application and the changes for the worse that you make. Before a few updates ago I had the beautiful graphics of the new player and now the old one is back, which I honestly think is awful even compared to other streaming services. Also when you make new changes I don't know why they go away after a few updates, apart from the fact that to me the new features take forever to arrive compared to my friends.
I love music and I hate when I'm unable to listen to it because of these stupid problems.

I'm seriously thinking about switching to apple music, because I can't take it anymore.

Sorry for the outburst, but I have been seeing these things for years and now I’m at the limit, really.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I installed the update 8.8.52, seams to work again. I will check today, if it’s working I will mark that post. 

View solution in original post

45 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 10

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

Everything on Spotify works fine UNTIL I try and click on the search bar. It immediately crashes the app completely and doesn’t even pull up the keyboard to let me attempt a search. Force closes instantly. I’ve signed in/out, deleted/reinstalled, updated, and cleared cache. I’ve pretty much tried everything and it still crashes everytime I attempt to click search. Thoughts?

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 15.1.1

Spotify Version

My Issue

The app works completely fine until I use the search bar, when I click on a search result the app immediately crashes.

Spotify is fully updated to version 8.8.50. I have already tried logging in and out multiple times, restarting my phone, clearing cache, and deleting and reinstalling the app. My storage is also not full.

Logging in and out twice in a row temporarily fixed the issue but when I closed and reopened Spotify it happened again.

I’m having the same issue on iOS 15.1.1 on iPhone 12 mini. Must be a bug on early iOS 15 versions. Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

Same issue on iOS 16.5.1 - I can play the songs from an existing playlist, but tapping any search result causes the app to crash immediately.
Issue appeared today.

Same issue even on older iOS. I’m on 14.4 and I can’t even type anything into the search bar before it instantly crashes.

I have the same issue on iPhone iOS 15. I downgraded the app to version 8.8.0 and the issue went away. 

Also having this issue 

IPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14.2

I’m on IOS 14.3 and same issue so not just software , forsure a bug in the app

Same issue here on iPhone 11, IOS 14.4.2

Facing the same problem since yesterday on my iOS 14. Hope it gets resolved soon. 

I’m having the same issue on iOS15. It’s frustrating.

Same thing here. Spotify for iOS 8.8.50.456 keeps crashing (closing itself) when you try to tap on anything on the player screen.

Hi all,

Since yesterday, I am experiencing instant crashes while playing/displaying podcats (audio & video, even if I mainly listen to audio podcasts) :

• it's alright if I just click on a podcast (play) and I do not touch anything else,
  • Indeed if I try to display the current podcast playing (see the thumbnail or more info of it - so I can't see the queuing list, or turn +/-15sec...), Spotify instantly crashes.
  • Nevertheless, theses issues do not appear if I listen to music.

So far:

But the issue is still on...

Have you ever experienced it?

What should I do?

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Kind regards,

Jacko

---

Plan

Premium

Country

France/Belgium

Device

iPhone7

Operating System

iOS 15.7.5 / Spotify:8.8.50.456

I haven't done extensive testing yet, but in my case it always crashes when I'm listening without being in the app (with the screen off or when I’m on other apps). The crash is random, but still happens within a few minutes

In my case it’s playing until I touch it. But I use Spotify mainly to listen to podcasts. So in your case, there may be another glitch in action when changing tracks. Songs are changing more often, so if there is a bug which does appear every time it changes track, it will appear more often when you listen to songs than with podcasts.

In my case it doesn’t crash during playing a track until I touch the player.

TLDR: I think we can assume, while it’s originating from one version, it will be the same problem or problem with the same origin, but I don’t know if anybody from Spotify reads this forum.

In case there is anybody from Spotify to get this info to developers, I enclose more specs:

iPhone 13 Pro

iOS version: 15.5

Spotify 8.8.50.456

Usually there are some in the community who read the topics and reply. However in my case the problem does not happen to me when I change tracks but during playback and it’s stressful, but I think it is the same with podcasts

same problem with ios 14.3 on an iphone XR

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 16.5.1

My Question or Issue

My spotify keeps crashing whenever I listen to a song and am doing something on another app. It’s been like this for a few days. When I go to open the app after it crashes it just goes back to the beginning of the song. I don’t know what is going on. 

Having the exact same issue. Tried clean installs too. Hoping the tech people get to this 

Suggested posts