Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify DEAD on Windows 10?

Solved!

Spotify DEAD on Windows 10?

I have linked the issue since I'm not good at describing things. This happens on any system running Spotify. It does this on 100% of Windows 10 PC's. It has done this on an HP Omen, my custom deskop (running Windows 10 Pro rather than home) and my new Dell G7. It doesn't matter if I try using the phone or the desktop to control it, it simply won't function. This isn't a connection issue, a matter of reinstallation, or the cache and I can't even begin to guess at what the issue could be so I was hoping someone might have a sollution. I got charged for my premium TODAY,  I've been using a Mac Pro up until today, it's really not worth paying for if I can't use it on anything other than my phone which seems to be the case. 

And yes I have tried compatability mode. 

YouTube

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello,

I'm not sure if you've tried this yet but I would recommend checking for any pending Windows Updates and update them. In your video, you show a single PC and a phone going through this issue. What happens if you shut down your computer, unplug your peripherals (mice, keyboard, etc.), boot up, plug-in a different keyboard and try starting a song again? 

Just some extra troubleshooting steps you might try 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello,

I'm not sure if you've tried this yet but I would recommend checking for any pending Windows Updates and update them. In your video, you show a single PC and a phone going through this issue. What happens if you shut down your computer, unplug your peripherals (mice, keyboard, etc.), boot up, plug-in a different keyboard and try starting a song again? 

Just some extra troubleshooting steps you might try 🙂

The issue actually didn't start until after an update, but it seems disconnecting my MX Master 2s fixed it; though I'm not exactly sure how that could have caused it seems to be fixed (at least for the time being), thanks!

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue for you. If unplugging your MX Master 2s solved the issue, then you might try plugging it back into a different port on your computer. If that still doesn't resolve the issue and you have a warranty on the mouse, then I've had great success with Logitech's warranty support. 

Suggested posts