Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop + Chromecast Audio NO CAST!!!

Spotify Desktop + Chromecast Audio NO CAST!!!

Tried ALL the obvious suggeste by Spotify assistance (?) but still it is IMPOSSIBLE to cast Spotify to a TV via Chromecast audio FROM a desktop pc

The set up is this:
1 - Win desktop PC connected to the office network via ethernet (not via wifi)

2 - Chromecast audio connected to the office network via wifi

3 - both Spotify desktop APP nor the web spotify TAB can be transmitted to the TV where the chromecast is connected too.

It use to work in another office, but here looks like there is no way

ALL firmware and **bleep** like that are aupdated, so please do not reply with banality but offer solution.

Otherwise will move back to TuneIn which is much better and reliable.

2 Replies

Hey there @PieroA

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If Spotify keeps on losing connection when you try to cast with Chromecast Audio you might be experiencing an issue that we're currently investigating. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well.  

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Good news!

Before you had to use the mobile app to play Spotify on Chromecast. You can now find Chromecast in the connect "devices available" menu in the Spotify desktop app and browser web player. Now you can cast your music to Chromecast from the desktop app without having to use the iOS or Android app.

Make sure your Spotify desktop app is up to date

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts