Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop just doesnt work

Spotify Desktop just doesnt work

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

(Windwos PC)

Operating System

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
OS build 19042.985

My Question or Issue

Spotify Version: 1.1.60.672.g6ad9c215-a

same issue for the past 4/5 months or so, being paying this thing to not use it at all cause i cant, it is laggy as **bleep** enabling shuffle takes forever sometimes it is at max volume and when i turned it down it takes like solid 30-45 seconds to actually change the volume, skipping songs its the same takes arund 30-45 seconds sometimes it doesnt even open the song and a message appears saying " can't play this song " and is not the song cause it works fine in my phone, browswer version works fine, but is really bad since can't sort my music the way i want to by artist and stuff like that, some times i would even close the software and i would keep listening to a song for 30 seconds straight before it actually stops playing same happend by pausing or resuming, 

Basically ANYTHING i do in the app it has a massive delay of 30 secs + 

Specs:

I7 7700k
Nvidia Gefore 1070 TI
16 GB Ram 

( TRIED EVERY TROUBLESHOOTING SUGGESTED BY THE WEBSITE)

Clean Reinstall,

Hardware Acceleration
Run As Administrator

nothing works,

the app in the phone works fine as i already said and web browser also works fine its just the desktop app i tried downloading it from both microsoft store and the oficial website both have the same issue, i dont know what is going on since other people i talk to some do have this issue and some others don't but at this point im just paying for a service that i can't use at all browser version is kinda trash cant sort by artist and that kind of stuff PLEASE HELP

2 Replies

ALSO, when im ussing my spotify in my desk it slows down the performance in my other devices, example phone or browser

Hi @AomoriWp

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you've been having such a bad experience with the desktop app. We're here to help. 

Could you let us know if you've reinstalled the app from our website or from the Microsoft Store?

On another note, would you mind letting us know what happens when you try sorting your playlists by artist?

Lastly, we suggest that you check if the OS of your PC has any pending updates. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts