Premium

Country

United States

Device

Asus G15

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I got home from school and I wanted to listen to music only to discover that the Spotify application was lagging beyond all belief. I had used the application all day and yesterday with absolutely no issues. I tried troubleshooting, I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, I tried the normal desktop installation vs. the Windows store installation, and I even created a second account to see if anything changed. Through all of this, it still lagged. So, I tried to switch to offline mode but the application won't even do that. After restarting, it kicked into offline mode and worked absolutely fine. But every single time I switch into online, it starts lagging again and is completely unusable. I haven't been able to find anyone else with this issue either, so if you guys can find anything that would be helpful.

1 Reply

Re: Spotify Desktop lagging heavily in online mode but not offline

Ver

Hey @Kanister34,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try with another network to see if anything changes.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
SUGGESTED POSTS