Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop player does not scrobble to last.fm

Spotify Desktop player does not scrobble to last.fm

Hi, 

I realize this is a minor issue, but I noticed that Spotify Player for Desktop (1.0.54.1079.g3809528e) is not scrobbling tracks to last.fm when I switch the Device from "My Computer" to a remote device, in my case a Yamaha N602. I'm of course logged in and all, connected to last.fm, everything seems good, it's even correctly scrobbling when I'm playing to desktop.

Is this intended behaviour? Or is there something wrong? I had some problems with the Spotify application freezing after starting. I freqently have to kill the processes with task manager (there are four instances of Spotify.exe, not sure if that's normal, though). OS is Windows 10 Home, 1607. 

Thanks.

12 Replies

I have the same issue

I have the same issue when switching to a Sonos device (Windows version 1.0.54)

Hi there,
I had the same problem as you, in my case a Yamaha receiver. I found this thirdpartsolution that actually works, it's called Scrobbler for Spotify Connect and it works for me, https://scrobblerforspotify.com/

Thanks, but this one doesn't work for me. It pops up a new browser window with a label that says scrobbling is "Disabled".

On May 18, Spotify announced they acquired a new company - Niland Music - a recommendation service. 

The scrobble option has not worked since May 17. Coincidence? I think not. The instructions from Spotify about connecting to your Last.FM scrobbler are no longer accurate. There is no "settings" there is no "social" there is just "account". 

It is negligent not to update the support page Spotify. The Last.fm scrobbler has been active for nearly a decade. I will leave Spotify for another streaming music service that supports the last.fm scrobbler. 

Niland acquisition is the only coincidental event in concert with the scrobbler information stopping. 

A closed mouth gathers no foot

Try to install lastfm scrobbler for chrome and play with spotify web player to allow access.

I got the same problem - but surprisingly only with the spotify desktop client for windows - the linux client at work does scrobble fine ...

Sometimes the Spotify desktop app forgets the Last.fm login details, e.g. after an update, so check your Preferences first. When switching playback from the desktop app to another device, you are using the Spotify Connect feature which does not support scrobbling by itself. So most of the time (except when the device app has internal scrobbling) you have to enable scrobbling with the aforementioned online tool, but the homepage has been changed to https://strack.liste.nz/ or https://liste.nz/ for its beta version which is supposed to prevent duplicate scrobbles.

I'm having this issue too. Local scrobbles on my laptop work fine using the Spotify Desktop app, but if I play music through other speakers, these don't scrobble. Any ideas how to fix?

Same problem here on Yamaha YSP-5600 and OSX. Any fixes?

Works like a charm! Thanks : )

Suggested posts