Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Friend Activity replaced with crummy facebook friend feed over night?

Spotify Friend Activity replaced with crummy facebook friend feed over night?

My Question or Issue

Was listening to some music last night and closed Spotify, vividly remembering being able to see all my friend's listening activity and the songs they like, which is a very important feature to me, however this morning when I opened the app, it was replaced with a "connect to Facebook button" which I've seen before on an alt account I have. Problem is, I don't use Facebook, and my account was already connected to my old Facebook account anyways so I could change my Spotify name. I now can't see any of my friends listening activity and I'm pretty certain I don't want to go finding my friends 10 year old FB accounts they don't even remember the password to in order to get them back on my feed. I simply ask, why Spotify? Why screw around with such a good feature and why so randomly? How do I revert it back?

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Operating System

(Windows 7)

Why.JPG
15 Replies

Hi @StoopidUser

We'd recommend toggling Show Friend activity on/off:

1. Click Settings.
  2. Under Display Options, switch Show Friend Activity on (green), or off (gray).

Also make sure that your Spotify desktop window is at least 1190 pixels wide. You may need to zoom in/out to adjust this. 

Let us know if you can see your old list of friends after this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This does not work it still shows connect with face book pretty annoying.

Hey @Mindthegap

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

That's odd. Could you let us know if you notice anything new after performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can help remove any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hello sorry for late reply, uninstalling didn't work either it eventually just randomly came back. The problem though is that it randomly goes back to connect with facebook whenever it pleases and nothing fixes it, the only thing i can do is wait for it to fix it's self which is quite annoying when i want to see what my friends are listening to.

Hi there @Mindthegap,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

If it occurs again, can you let us know if you get the same behavior if you're using a different device?

We'll be on the lookout for any possible reply.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi  Jeremy, the reason why i've come back today is because it has currently changed back to connect with facebook today. It also changed to it a few days ago but reverted back to my friends list fairly soon after (the next day i think) but today it has once again come back. I use spotify only on my pc no other devices.

Hey @Mindthegap,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd recommend that you try logging out and then logging back in twice. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

In case the issue persists, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

No it doesn't work still stuck with connect with facebook i don't understand why this is such an issue very frustrating.

Hi @Mindthegap

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, have you tried with a different internet connection? 

If so and the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app on your PC following these specific steps. This process is more thorough than the usual one.

If the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your PC?

Keep us in the loop 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

people like me have been having this problem for months now. please fix this bug.

same problem here, fix this please. i can't see my friends activity anymore, annoying 

same issue here tried everything they don’t seem to care abt it

Hi there, same issue for me - "Connect with Facebook" is now permanently where my friends list is, and I don't use facebook. I would like to see my Spotify friends again. 😞

Same problem for me today.. Can't see followed friends activity

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out about this here on the Community!

It looks like other users are experiencing the same issue, until there's a resolution we recommend you head over here where we are keeping everyone updated.

Cheers.

XeniaModerator

Suggested posts