Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Installer does not open Windows Vista

Spotify Installer does not open Windows Vista

Plan

Unlimited

Country

Spain

Device

PC

Operating System

(Windows vista)

My Question or Issue

I have accidentally unistalled spotify on my laptop. I have tried to download again the installer (also the offline version) but it doesn't open when double click on it. I saw another post about this issue that was solved by changing the folder of the installer but that didn't work either for me. Does anybody know how to fix this???

Thanks!

Diego

4 Replies

I have solved it! I have found a website where there are spotify installer back to 2011 and some of those are still working with windows vista. Sorry for putting this up 🙂

open your download folder, find spotify download, drag to your desktop- right click-properties-compatibilty-run as administrtor(make sure to click apply) brings you back to compatibilty-run in compatibilty mode-make sure windows xp is selcted-click apply- click OK-double click same spotify folder, worked for me and still working great, note i havent got a notfication to update but if you do i would NOT try and update spotify. let me know if this works for you. 

And just saw you fixed it lol well hopefully my "fix" will come in handy for someone. 

last option for vista

Suggested posts