Spotify Keeps Writing Cache to C:\ drive, even though Changed in properties to F:\

Spotify Keeps Writing Cache to C:\ drive, even though Changed in properties to F:\

D3ft0ne
Casual Listener

Not sure if this is per design, but I had changed the offline Songs cache folder in Advanced settings to F:\ , but my C:\ drive is still being filled up with the same .File **bleep** -

These are the 2 offending folders -

C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0\LocalCache\Spotify

Data and Browser

I can create a clean up batch script, or manually redirect the folder to other drive, but why the heck is this not an option ?

Pleas let me know if i am missing something?

Windows 10 btw.

3 Replies

Re: Spotify Keeps Writing Cache to C:\ drive, even though Changed in properties to F:\

D3ft0ne
Casual Listener

Any one looking at these forums?

I had confirmed by Re-installing the stand alone (non-windows 10) version of spoity , and even though I set offline songs storage to F: drive , Data is being written to C: drive still.  C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data

This is big f-ing issue.  

Can we can a confirmation if this is bug or designed this way?

Re: Spotify Keeps Writing Cache to C:\ drive, even though Changed in properties to F:\

dragnier
Music Fan

I have the same issue. I only have so much space on my primary drive (SSD) and want to store the cache elsewhere (external drive). However, no matter how much I try to set this in the options menu, it tells me to "restart Spotify for the changes to take effect" and then promptly reverts to the old C: drive location when I do. This is a absolutely in need of a fix.

Highlighted

albertocv

I have the same problem, too! Two caches on two different disks

SUGGESTED POSTS