Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify No Longer Showing Unavailable songs

Spotify No Longer Showing Unavailable songs

I uninstalled Spotify, and downloaded and re-installed spotify to fix the issue of my local files metadata not showing up correctly.  That resolved that issue but I can no longer see unavailable files, and I no longer see the option to turn that back on.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

Nevermind, please ignore.  Apparently there was just a delay.  

Hey @Tickkid,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We're glad to know that it was sorted out.

If you need a hand with anything else, we'll be right here.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

@CarlosE I am still having the issue detailed in the post. I did not change any settings on my phone or desktop. I did not log in to desktop in a while, and now I am not being shown the option to hide/show unavailable songs, and all my unavailable songs are hidden in "Liked songs" even though I previously had the option set to show them. Oddly, they're showing up in some other playlists

How long did it take for it to show back up for you? I'm having the problem of the option not showing up on desktop after not using the desktop app for a while

It was probably 10 to 15 minutes.

Hey @kick_ball_boy

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps.

Also, would you mind sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

steps tried: closing and restarting (incl. restarting computer), updating application, leaving it open for 15 minutes and seeing if the option showed up, closing and opening settings multiple times

Macbook pro newest update available on catalina

Hey @kick_ball_boy,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Currently there is no option to hide unavailable songs while using the desktop app. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

You can also check this idea about bringing back "Show unavailable songs in playlists" and add your +Vote to it. In order to stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this you can also Subscribe to the thread.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts