Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify PC stops when selecting song from "Liked songs" playlist on Android

Spotify PC stops when selecting song from "Liked songs" playlist on Android

Hello guys,

I tried my best to find a similiar problem to mine, but couldn't find anything remotely related.

Quite a strange problem: Whenever I play music via Spotify on PC, if I try to change the song through my phone by selecting manually from my "Liked songs" playlist, Spotify PC stops playing. This only happens when selecting a song manually or pressing Shuffle. 

When Spotify PC stops playing after the above, the playback screen on my phone also disappears.

-Changing a song (if Spotify PC is actually playing something) by just swiping/pressing prev/next (on phone app) will change the music (on pc) in all cases (even "Liked songs" playlist)

-Manually selecting a song from a different playlist or artist makes Spotify PC start playing again.

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Samsung S20 

Operating System

Windows 10 & Android 11

3 Replies

Hi there @S1lentA,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This is odd indeed. Could you try logging out from your account in both devices, restarting them, restarting your router, and logging back in?

Let us know how that goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Sorry for the late reply. Login out on all devices is the first thing I tried, but didn't change a thing. I was hoping maybe someone also encountered this probl;em, but doesn't seem like it. Looks like uninstalling and reinstalling will be the next step sadly.

Hey @S1lentA,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us know how it goes after you perfom a clean reinstall of the app on both your devices.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts