Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Play Music Bug

Solved!

Spotify Play Music Bug

eNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

ID

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

When I try listening on my music at my playlist, suddenly The player plays Purple Hills from Kaisa and then muted it. Idk why because I didn't play anything from Kaisa which is VERY VERY annoying to me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's been a month since I leave spotify because of this bug. Then I try to reinstall again and make sure the bug isn't happened again. And fortunately they did. I don't know if Spotify developer already fix this or the app fixing itself but I make sure I would to resubscribe spotify next month

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey,

try to re-login to your account and play the playlist again.
Do you listen to the playlist by shuffle? More information would be great, maybe we can find a more specific way to help..

Greets

Same thing happening to me. Same song. Iโ€™ve never even heard of it. I logged out of all accounts and changed my password, hopefully that helps

The same thing happened to me today twice and it was the same song which I never heard about. I was listening on shuffle from a playlist created by me, and that song came on in the middle of the song I was listening to, not even after it finished.

I have the same problem. No way to contact Spotify about it. Im guessing it is a way for Spotify to generate revenue and promotion for selected artists (they probably pay for the privilege). This is advertising and contrary to a promise of an ad free premium experience. If it persists I will probably cancel my subscription.

I think the same thing too. So I canceled the subscription

I come with updates to this. After the incident I went to the artist page and selected โ€œdonโ€™t play this artistโ€. Now, when Iโ€™m listening the music suddenly stops and exits my playlist, like itโ€™s trying to play that song but it stops. To add to this, there are 5 random albums showing in my โ€œrecently playedโ€ tab which I never listened or clicked. In 10 minutes the music stopped twice and I had to reach my phone to play it again, not convenient while driving. It starts to get really annoying and I feel like Iโ€™m being hacked or something.

I stopped play on all devices, changed my password and logged back in and havenโ€™t had trouble.
Marked as solution

It's been a month since I leave spotify because of this bug. Then I try to reinstall again and make sure the bug isn't happened again. And fortunately they did. I don't know if Spotify developer already fix this or the app fixing itself but I make sure I would to resubscribe spotify next month

What I did was log out of all devices and change the password and it solved the problem for me.

Suggested posts