Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Recently Played Artists not updating?

Spotify Recently Played Artists not updating?

After updating my Spotify Desktop player, my Recently Played Artist list has not updated in a week or so. Spotify on my Android phone seems to be similarly affected as well. As my Recently Played Artists usually updates quite swiftly, this lag is worrying me a little - especially since I've been listening to a number of different artists for quite long periods of time. Can anybody provide a solution to this? Thank you!

354 Replies

I also have this problem again, last time were last year - same time of the year.

Recent played artist hasen't been updated since the end of week 46, Friday the 13th was the last day my list was updated.
Anyone know anything??

Same issue here... Since I signed up for Premium a week or so back, my Recently Played Artists has not updated on my Mac UI or iPhone. Annoying.. 

I'm also having the issue where Recently Played Artists is not updating.  Please help!

I've had this same issue for two weeks now. 

Same issue for me, hasn't updated for over a week now.

Something strange for me this time is that is only with the desktop version. My Android tablet shows artists that I have listened to recently, not just 6 that I haven't lisened to for quite a while. Half of them I haven't listened to for over 2 weeks.

I submitted this issue for escalation.

I'm hoping for all of us that this time around, it doesn't take Spotify many months to finally fix the issue. It would also help greatly if as many people as possible contact Spotify support about this.

Yeah it's been a few weeks for me too. None of my friends's RPA are updating either so at least it's not our accounts specifically. Hopefully this is just some short term bugs Spotify is undergoing. 

Lo and behold, Recently Played Artists appeared for me this morning (11/30/2015). Anyone else?

It changed for me as well, yay! 

It has refreshed for me aswell. Not that I use the recently played artists much. I use the top lists and set it to my most listened to top 20 tracks. That also didn't update when this problem was here. I have had an update today and all is what I have meen listening to most in the past few days.

🙂 I'm happy. It seems to work again.

All good now! 

Beyond just the recently played artists, have any of you been able to see your own or other's "top tracks"? The songs you and your friends have been listening to? Not just the recently played artists.

That was something I was able to see a month or so ago and not its not an option.

Spotify, can we bring that back as well?

I was able to see the top tracks while viewing through a web browser, but not while on the Spotify app on my phone or the Spotify program on my laptop.

Anybody have any information regarding the top tracks and where they went?

"top tracks" are not available any more. you can give kudos to this idea to bring it back.

Noticed my recently played updated again. Glad to also see they've updated for my fellow Spotify users.

Props to Spotify for fixing this in a relatively short amount of time compared to the last time this happened. Lets all hope this issue stays fixed.

Am glad Spotify resolved the issue quickly. Was scared it would take months, as it did before. :::moonwalking:::

@ IcanHearUnow wrote:

Am glad Spotify resolved the issue quickly. Was scared it would take months, as it did before. :::moonwalking:::

When it sttarted happening again, the first thing I thought was "Oh no, not again! Not another 3 to 5 months of 'frozen' recently played"

A mod that I was in communication with told me that Spotify was aware of the issue and that it looked like at least some users recently played started updating again.

I confirmed to him that myself and some others here started noticing they were updating again, but that I obviously couldn't speak for everyone.

After contacting premium@spotify.com and letting them know I would cancel my subscription if this issue wasn't resolved, I received a software update notification within my Desktop software and downloaded a newer version. My recently played artists list updated, and I assumed the issue had been resolved, but have found that I am not receiving updates for artists and playlists followed. So, my enthusiasm was quite premature, as issues are still unresolved. Are you guys emailing Spotify directly, as well? Techs don't read these blogs.

this is not a solution

Suggested posts