Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Recently Played Artists not updating?

Spotify Recently Played Artists not updating?

After updating my Spotify Desktop player, my Recently Played Artist list has not updated in a week or so. Spotify on my Android phone seems to be similarly affected as well. As my Recently Played Artists usually updates quite swiftly, this lag is worrying me a little - especially since I've been listening to a number of different artists for quite long periods of time. Can anybody provide a solution to this? Thank you!

354 Replies

HI all, Spotify had me create a new account and transfered all my info, playlists ect. to it. Recently played is working fine now. Hopefully you all won't have to do the same.

On the positive, I've been given a free month of premium for my troubles. Kudos to you Spotify

It seems to working OK for me now so far. I have 8 tracks in my recently played top lists that actually make sense! I hope more will keep coming and also hope the list matches what I have been listening too like it is now.

Happy to see that so many folks seemingly have this issue resolved, mine is still stuck, however. Man Frustrated

Matt, try clicking between "overview" and "recently played artists" a couple times. I certainly would not say the issue is fixed, but if you just toggle between the two options a couple of times, usually (for me at least) it will eventually show the refreshed playlist. Beware, as soon as you leave your profile, you'll probably have to do that again. If that doesn't work I'd say just sit tight because it seems like today is the first time that people are able to see a refreshed list, and most people have been saying the same thing - that they still mainly see their 1 month old "recently played artists" but if you just click between the two and make the app go back and forth, eventually it will show the new list. 

@matthauends wrote:

Happy to see that so many folks seemingly have this issue resolved, mine is still stuck, however. Man Frustrated

Same here! Glad to see the issue has been fixed for at least some of my fellow Spotify users. Unfortunately, no change for me either regarding the problem. I have to believe that if it's resolving for some users, it will eventually resolve for us too.

Then again, this is the Spotify desktop player we're talking about here. It's almost like pulling the lever of a slot machine. One never knows what will come up. Smiley LOL

It's working!!!!!!!! It has most of the artists that I was listening to last night!!!!!! Yey for Spotify 👏 🙂

Mine shows the first change since weeks now, but changes to the outdated screen again from time to time. Maybe a minor cache issue. It also does not show all of the artists I listenend yesterday, some seem to be lost or sorted out somehow.

I think they're still working on it, thus the old list still popping up a lot of the time. I'm glad to see that progress was finally made though, and for those who haven't gotten the change, I'm sure it will come soon!

Mine still hasn't updated Grrrr!

I'm really glad many of my fellow Spotify users are seeing theirs updated though.

My recently played artists make sense now but my top lists don't. Thay have now gone back to my top 20 from ages ago. Yesterday, it showed 8 tracks that I had listened to most recently. They were also in the correct order.

The top lists problem looks like it is exactly the same issue as people are having with the recently played artists. I do still struggle to understand why it was right yesterday but it has gone back to being incorrect. I t does show that it is being worked on though.

it's been just over 2 months now since my recently played artists list has updated, as well with the ability to control deactivating it showing being gone too- still having issues with notifications (new followers to playlists and to my page) being inconsistent, friends feed not showing activity from people i follow; like they are not listening when they are...i stopped my premium membership afer 2 years!  because it seems like nothing has been or is being done-  which REALLy seems like a bad idea because i am now reading some people are seeing improvements. so if you are a free membership holder these funcions aren't available to you anymore? and if you are a premium holder it's iffy.....[insert scream]

I was having all those same problems, and I'm not saying Spotify was efficient in handling the issue by any means, but you should keep checking this thread but there are a handful of us who have gotten it fixed (how? I don't know, it was just random haha) but it does seem like Spotify knows the solution and it's being implemented [slowly] to all accounts. So your problems may be fixed within a couple of days. I agree though, this last month has been brutal.

As I have before, I use the top lits option and not the recently played artists. I am quite sure the issues are related though. It keeps switching between my top 20 most listened to tracks from ages ago and every now and then, it goes to 8 tracks that I have actually listened to recently. It doesn't seem to be changing though and it has been going between the 2 lists for several days now. It sort of shows that somethingis being done but in a way, it is even more confusing now.

i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who has been experiencing frustrations regarding this particular issue. it's been well over two months for me since my top artists have updated. i've had this problem in the past, but it has never taken quite so long to be resolved. hoping to see it all clear up for everyone real, real soon.

• Well, I contacted 2 different areas of Spotify about these issues and one rep told me to remove the app and reinstall it- didn't help. Second rep told me that they are aware of these issues and are trying to make headway into resolving them. I would suggest contacting Spotify directly because they are taking it case by case,  as well as universally. 

Reinstalled with the new version last night...problem continues to exist so they havent copmpleted fixed it except that it is now swapping between an old list and an updated list. If you click between overiew and recent artist several times mine now swaps between an old and an updated list. One wonders why they bother to put out a new version when it has not completely fixed the issues??

At least yours is updating flipping between overview and recently played, mine literally hasn't updated at all in 2 months. [passes out] I give up.

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

@IcanHearUnow wrote:

At least yours is updating flipping between overview and recently played, mine literally hasn't updated at all in 2 months. [passes out] I give up.

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

It's been even longer scne mine updated. Seeing some of my fellow members get updated gives me some cautious optomism though.

At long last! My top lists tracks make sense. they are in the correct order and I have lestened to them all recently. My recently played artist are also the same artists as what all my top tracks are. It all makes seems fine now. I hope it will stay like this.

Suggested posts