Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Recently Played Artists not updating?

Spotify Recently Played Artists not updating?

After updating my Spotify Desktop player, my Recently Played Artist list has not updated in a week or so. Spotify on my Android phone seems to be similarly affected as well. As my Recently Played Artists usually updates quite swiftly, this lag is worrying me a little - especially since I've been listening to a number of different artists for quite long periods of time. Can anybody provide a solution to this? Thank you!

354 Replies

@TheGiantHogweed wrote:

At long last! My top lists tracks make sense. they are in the correct order and I have lestened to them all recently. My recently played artist are also the same artists as what all my top tracks are. It all makes seems fine now. I hope it will stay like this.

how long had it been since your last update? mine still has not.

It has been like this only for the past 24 hours at max. But my top lists only has 4 tracks now! It just won't stop changing. It seems more irritating than it staying the same.

My top 20 tracks normally would refresh ever week or so.

@TheGiantHogweed wrote:

It has been like this only for the past 24 hours at max. But my top lists only has 4 tracks now! It just won't stop changing. It seems more irritating than it staying the same.

I would be happy if mine changed at all.

It's been practically 3 months since my recently played artists updated.

I've only recently started using Spotify again, and since then my recently played hasn't updated. It's also showing artists that I've never heard of and have never listened to... strange goings on.

@JoshyB wrote:

@TheGiantHogweed wrote:

I would be happy if mine changed at all.

It's been practically 3 months since my recently played artists updated.

anyone gotten updates?

Yes I have been getting updated recently played artists. They must have reset something on the backend the last few days as I am currently just showing one of the last artists I listened to a few days ago which was Pink Floyd. I used to be able to switch around on the tabs and get a different list of recently listened artists, but this does not seem to be happening now.

Since my last post, my recently played have started to update (somewhat) Many times it still shows the same 3 artists that were stuck there for many months. Sometimes, it will show one or two of the artists I recently listened too.

I've noticed that the issue is more prevalent on the desktop version then the mobile version. Also noticed when I click back and fourth on the tabs, the artists will change back and fourth from the stuck three I had, to the newer recently played ones.

So some improvement for sure, but not completely fixed (on my end at least)

My recently played artists keeps changing. Sometimes it is just 1 that I have listened to ages ago. Other times it is just i that I have listened to recently. At the moment though, there are several that I have listened to in the past week.

My top lists a few days ago was my top 20 listened to tracks in the correct order and it has now go to just 4 tracks that I played ages ago. To me, I think this it more tedious that it not refreshing at all. It all sounds like it must be one problem making go from recently played music and music that was played ages ago.

@TheGiantHogweed wrote:

My recently played artists keeps changing. Sometimes it is just 1 that I have listened to ages ago. Other times it is just i that I have listened to recently. At the moment though, there are several that I have listened to in the past week.

My top lists a few days ago was my top 20 listened to tracks in the correct order and it has now go to just 4 tracks that I played ages ago. To me, I think this it more tedious that it not refreshing at all. It all sounds like it must be one problem making go from recently played music and music that was played ages ago.

mine had been unchanged for 3 months, then a couple of nights ago it updated correctly and I was ecstatic. Then the next day it was back to the same 20 artists it has been stuck on for months.  i contacted spotify again a week ago and they asked if i wanted to have them move all of my music to a new account and told me that the issue is still being addressed. i declined because i dont want to start over. 

interesting reddit blog about numerous issues since last update http://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/2y6a68 

Hey guys & gals,

I was active on this post a couple weeks ago (2-3 weeks) because I hadn't gotten a refreshed Recently Played Artist list in over a month. 

Two weeks ago it was fixed, although it was slightly annoying that instead of going back to how it used to be where it updated every 1-2 days, it was updating every couple of hours. But I won't complain about it that, it was at least updating. 

For the last week however it has not updated at all, and I don't remember doing an update (maybe I didn't but just mindlessly did it without consideration), but I'm back to square one it seems with having a list that will not update. Has anyone else experienced a week or two of it being fixed and then having it go back to the way it was?

@EdwardJames wrote:

Hey guys & gals,

I was active on this post a couple weeks ago (2-3 weeks) because I hadn't gotten a refreshed Recently Played Artist list in over a month. 

Two weeks ago it was fixed, although it was slightly annoying that instead of going back to how it used to be where it updated every 1-2 days, it was updating every couple of hours. But I won't complain about it that, it was at least updating. 

For the last week however it has not updated at all, and I don't remember doing an update (maybe I didn't but just mindlessly did it without consideration), but I'm back to square one it seems with having a list that will not update. Has anyone else experienced a week or two of it being fixed and then having it go back to the way it was?

Well, it's been almost 4 months now since my recently played artists updated. I reverted back to an older version of Spotify in hopes it would solve the issue, which it did for a couple of hours. But reverted back to the same list its been stuck on for months and hasn't changed. I see friends pages that seem to update on the regular, I don't know. The option to show top lists and recently played artists disappeared, I just think Spotify is phasing out these options and this issue is dead to them.

I  too have had this issue for weeks.  It has been at least a month since my artists have updated....I'm tempted to cancel my account.

Wow that strange that both of you didn't at least have momentary fixes to these problems. Like I mentioned in my post, it had been about 5 weeks where I didn't have an updated list, then for a little over a week it was working fine, and now it's back to the same problem. However, I doubt Spotify is phasing this out, there are multiple threads with over 1000+ views on this issue, clearly people WANT the Recently Played Artist list, it's just a matter of fixing it, and fixing it for good.

I'm having the same problem.  I became a subscriber and then it updated, that was a couple weeks ago and now it's not updaitng.

@EdwardJames wrote:

Wow that strange that both of you didn't at least have momentary fixes to these problems. Like I mentioned in my post, it had been about 5 weeks where I didn't have an updated list, then for a little over a week it was working fine, and now it's back to the same problem. However, I doubt Spotify is phasing this out, there are multiple threads with over 1000+ views on this issue, clearly people WANT the Recently Played Artist list, it's just a matter of fixing it, and fixing it for good.

ok EdwardJames, I will be optimistic. Even though it hurts. 🙂

in my case, everytime I think they finally fixed the issue, it starts to go back to the same 3 artists that were stuck there for months. it has been randomly fluctuating back and fourth from older to newer. it practically never stays the same after each re-start.

I also noticed that a bunch of my friends most recent are updating just fine. So maybe it just looks this way to the user and not anyone else 'outside' looking at it. I know, I know, doesn't make a lot of sense lol but this is the Spotify desktop client we're talking about here.

@JoshyB wrote:

in my case, everytime I think they finally fixed the issue, it starts to go back to the same 3 artists that were stuck there for months. it has been randomly fluctuating back and fourth from older to newer. it practically never stays the same after each re-start.

I also noticed that a bunch of my friends most recent are updating just fine. So maybe it just looks this way to the user and not anyone else 'outside' looking at it. I know, I know, doesn't make a lot of sense lol but this is the Spotify desktop client we're talking about here.

my spotify ID # is  12143876213 i just opened up my recent artists to show again. i have not listened to these artists for a couple of months. check it for me from time to time. i honestly don't think it will ever update again. 

@IcanHearUnow wrote:

@JoshyB wrote:

my spotify ID # is  12143876213 i just opened up my recent artists to show again. i have not listened to these artists for a couple of months. check it for me from time to time. i honestly don't think it will ever update again. 

Just checked your profile

It's not showing any recently played artists  It's just showing your public playlists. if you could check mine when you get a chance, would appreciate it.

My ID# is 1234484907

@JoshyB wrote:

@IcanHearUnow wrote:

@JoshyB wrote:

Just checked your profile

It's not showing any recently played artists  It's just showing your public playlists. if you could check mine when you get a chance, would appreciate it.

My ID# is 1234484907

eeek I am sorry. ok i fixed it. now they are showing. Thank you for checking in for me. I just went to your page and made a mental note of your recent artists, and am following you so I can keep an eye on it.  [fingers crossed]

Suggested posts