Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Recently Played Artists not updating?

Spotify Recently Played Artists not updating?

After updating my Spotify Desktop player, my Recently Played Artist list has not updated in a week or so. Spotify on my Android phone seems to be similarly affected as well. As my Recently Played Artists usually updates quite swiftly, this lag is worrying me a little - especially since I've been listening to a number of different artists for quite long periods of time. Can anybody provide a solution to this? Thank you!

354 Replies

@IcanHearUnow wrote:

@JoshyB wrote:

@IcanHearUnow wrote:

@JoshyB wrote:

in my case, everytime I think they finally fixed the issue, it starts to go back to the same 3 artists that were stuck there for months. it has been randomly fluctuating back and fourth from older to newer. it practically never stays the same after each re-start.

I also noticed that a bunch of my friends most recent are updating just fine. So maybe it just looks this way to the user and not anyone else 'outside' looking at it. I know, I know, doesn't make a lot of sense lol but this is the Spotify desktop client we're talking about here.

my spotify ID # is  12143876213 i just opened up my recent artists to show again. i have not listened to these artists for a couple of months. check it for me from time to time. i honestly don't think it will ever update again. 

Just checked your profile

It's not showing any recently played artists  It's just showing your public playlists. if you could check mine when you get a chance, would appreciate it.

My ID# is 1234484907

eeek I am sorry. ok i fixed it. now they are showing. Thank you for checking in for me. I just went to your page and made a mental note of your recent artists, and am following you so I can keep an eye on it.  [fingers crossed]

You're welcome, glad to help a fellow member.  Could you please tell me what artists were showing when you checked mine? followed you back.

Just checked yours again and your recently played were Gregar, Crytals Castles and S.Maharba

Btw, How did you fix your artists not showing?  Was your "publish my activity on spotify" switch turned off and then you turned it on?

I've had this issue too for quite a while now, Spotify is now showing only one artist I have listened to recently. Does anyone know a stable version of spotify I can use?

@loloa2014 wrote:

I've had this issue too for quite a while now, Spotify is now showing only one artist I have listened to recently. Does anyone know a stable version of spotify I can use?

Unfortunately, this issue isn't limited to just one version. I thought they fixed it, but my  "recently played" are frozen with the same artists again.

@JoshyB wrote:

@loloa2014 wrote:

Unfortunately, this issue isn't limited to just one version. I thought they fixed it, but my  "recently played" are frozen with the same artists again.

Mine FINALLY updated last week after being frozen for 3 months. But, has not updated since. JoshyB, I have been watching your list and found that yours was showing 3 different lists toggling.  One view  had Marissa Nadler, another  AC/DC and then the one on display now with Neko Case, Real Estate. Panda Bear. The one showing now has remained unchanged for about 5 days, from my view. I had downloaded a former version of Spotify wih a release date from Dec 2014 and hid my recently played artists because it was driving me insane seeing those same darn artists for so long, but even though they weren't showing to the public I could still see them on my overview. I will keep you updated with what I notice. I am not getting notified when I get replies here, sorry for the delay. 

Same here, it was fixed on my end and had been updating reguarly but for the past several days (I'm guessing) , it has just been stuck on one artist: Radiohead, but I know it has been at least a week since I listened to anything from them. Very odd.

@matthauends wrote:

Same here, it was fixed on my end and had been updating reguarly but for the past several days (I'm guessing) , it has just been stuck on one artist: Radiohead, but I know it has been at least a week since I listened to anything from them. Very odd.

it;s happening again. The list is going to remain stuck while some of my friends lists are refreshing. if spotify can add a whole discover playlist tailored to suggest about 40 songs suited to a clients listening habits,  and send a new one out weekly, why is it a problem to make your recently played list current and keep it current?

This seems to be a similar thing to what is happening to me too. In my recently played artists, I have just one arsist! In my top 20 most listened to tracks, they are all that same artist. That is quite ture but there are tracks that I have been listening to that are not by the same artist that should be in my top lists and recently played artists.

Is this what Spotify have done witht the latest version or something. This isn't better that the old one, it is irritating! I don't understand why it is taking so long to get sorted out.

@TheGiantHogweed wrote:

This seems to be a similar thing to what is happening to me too. If my recently played artists, I have just one arsist! In my top 20 most listened to tracks, they are all that same artist. That is quite ture but there are tracks that I have been listening to that are not by the same artist that should be in my top lists and recently played artists.

Is this what Spotify have done witht the latest version or something. This isn't better that the old one, it is irritating! I don't understand why it is taking so long to get sorted out.

i think it is a bug that has affected a percentage of clients software, but not a huge enough percentage for them to care. 

you know, sometimes when you take a chance and play a random playlist or use the spotify radio feature there can be some real stinkers that come up. I'm (kinda) okay with it showing up for a VERY short time on my recently played/top artists - but now there's been the same artists showing on the feed for the last 2-3 weeks with no change. I was hoping that the update today would fix it but it didn't change a thing.

PLEASE FIX THIS!  What is the point of paying for this service if it doesn't work - and there is no access to an actual tech from the company? Someone from Spotify should be monitoring these boards. There nearly 130 replies to the original post aleady, what gives?

Located Spotify's "Contact US" link:   https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Got it from Reddit here:   http://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/2y6a68

Same Here,  I have played two artists since playing  the ones on the list (as of time of post) and it has not updated. it is kind of bugging me, especially that they can change the color and improve the friend feed but not fix the recent artists list...

Hey folks, we have made a post in the Ongoing Issues board on this topic. 

We will update you all here when we have any news, thanks!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Recently-played-artists-not-updating/idi-p/1177220

So this is still affecting other people? Still not working correctly on my PC or iPhone, and even my other tablet (SP2) doesn't do it. It is doing my head in.

@travisnew87 wrote:

So this is still affecting other people? Still not working correctly on my PC or iPhone, and even my other tablet (SP2) doesn't do it. It is doing my head in.

Unfrotunately, yes it's. Mine updated a couple of weeks ago with 3 very recently played. I thought then that the issue was finally fixed. Fast forward about 2 1/2 weeks later, and once again, they're stuck there and not updating.

@JoshyB wrote:

@travisnew87 wrote:

Unfrotunately, yes it's. Mine updated a couple of weeks ago with 3 very recently played. I thought then that the issue was finally fixed. Fast forward about 2 1/2 weeks later, and once again, they're stuck there and not updating.

I am so upset because mine hasn't updated in almost 3 weeks; [after no update for 3 months]while most of my friends have updated 4 TIMES in this time period.  And even though I still check in witth Spotify case management about this issue they still say it is being worked on....after almost 4 MONTHS!!!! 

Same issue here. Surface 3 and iPhone 6 Plus. Please fix it.

This seemed to be fixed at least a little bit, but now it's back to being frozen for 3 weeks now. And it's only certain users. This is downright ridiculous.

@thisissimba wrote:
This seemed to be fixed at least a little bit, but now it's back to being frozen for 3 weeks now. And it's only certain users. This is downright ridiculous.

Same story for me. It looked like (at least for a little while) this issue was fixed for me. Then, boom! Right back to square one again. A bit baffled as to why the tech guys at Spotify have yet to come up with a fix after months and months of this happening.

I received an email from Spotify Customer Support saying this issue should be fixed. [I emailed them over a month ago]. I replied saying that my issue has not been resolved, as it still ongoing for me and a few others. And. commented that I have waited 5 months for a solution that could take Spotify techs 5 mins to resolve. I am losing hope here. I think I should just cancel my account. I inserted a link to this issue page. I don't know....I give up.

---update------  Duncan replied saying to give Spottify time to follow my listening habits and should update by the next Spotify cycle. {fingers crossed]  

Also recieved an e-mail but still no update in my RPA. I really hope the next cycle is soon. 

Suggested posts