Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Refuses to Open and Uninstall

Solved!

Spotify Refuses to Open and Uninstall

I cannot open Spotify.  I cannot even uninstall Spotify.  I turned off Bitdefender.  I tried moving the Spotify folder from Roaming/Appdata.

None of those work.  When I try to open Spotify my cursor shows a small period of wait/working (hourglass) then nothing.  This happens when I try to uninstall too.

Here's the complete error from the event log (Windows 8.1):

Faulting application name: spotify.exe, version: 0.9.15.27, time stamp: 0x54803e4c
Faulting module name: USER32.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17344, time stamp: 0x541b75dd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000093b7
Faulting process id: 0x1c60
Faulting application start time: 0x01d048c1932c70c4
Faulting application path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\spotify.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USER32.dll
Report Id: d0fc2386-b4b4-11e4-bf00-902b342f6074
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

As a premium subscriber, I will not hesitate to cancel if this continues.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@purldator wrote:

I cannot open Spotify.  I cannot even uninstall Spotify.  I turned off Bitdefender.  I tried moving the Spotify folder from Roaming/Appdata.

None of those work.  When I try to open Spotify my cursor shows a small period of wait/working (hourglass) then nothing.  This happens when I try to uninstall too.

Faulting application name: spotify.exe, version: 0.9.15.27, time stamp: 0x54803e4c
Faulting module name: USER32.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17344, time stamp: 0x541b75dd

I had a similar problem before, Spotify refused to open (even after a few reinstalling).

Maybe give the Spotify desktop beta client a try. That's what I have been using since (it even includes Spotify Connect for Desktop, I don't think the normal client has that yet.)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I would suggest you to get in touch with Spotify, and include your error log.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Spotify aims to reply within 24 hours.

Marked as solution

@purldator wrote:

I had a similar problem before, Spotify refused to open (even after a few reinstalling).

Maybe give the Spotify desktop beta client a try. That's what I have been using since (it even includes Spotify Connect for Desktop, I don't think the normal client has that yet.)

Thanks for the link.  It works!  Now I need to find a way to uninstall the old version.  Refuses to do ANYTHING, even via 'Remove Programs'.  Ridiculous.

Same problem here, and this is now october 2017! All of a sudden my desktop version refuses to open (stuttering noise), or uninstall, or do anything. Also premium subscriber, phone and ipad versions work fine.

I also tried the beta-version link and now at least I have a functioning desktop version. But it sure was annoying and you'd think that they'd sent around an officially cleared update by now, rather than the old beta-version.

Not really impressed. Otherwise of course yeah, great music, access, reasonable price etc. etc.

Suggested posts