Spotify Shows No Artist or CD Pictures

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Operating System

Windows XP SP3

My Question or Issue

I never had this problem before. I cannot see the artist pictures or cd pictures. I only see music notes, a mic or a grey cd as pictures. I have installed the latest adobe flash player and java, selected no proxy in preferences, and tried others things but still no pictures. What could the problem be?

Spoitfy 3.JPG
15 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi Loxer!

Yes, I have re-installed Spotify several times (older and newer versions).

My operating system is Windows XP SP3 32 bits. And the Spotify version is the latest version. Here's another picture where you can see the music notes.

Spoitfy.JPG

Hey @royals77,

That's not the latest version of Spotify, I tried it on an XP machine and it looks different.

Could you tell me which version have you installed?

Thanks! 🙂

Oh, sorry. It's version 1.0.20.101 wich supports 32 bits. I can't install the latest version from the website because it doesn't support 32 bits.

Hey @royals77,

The one I've got installed is on a 32bits Windows XP.

Could you try that please?

Thanks 🙂

I I have tried, but everytime I get no images. I don't understand why Spotify can't show the pictures.

I also run Spotify on an XP (I use it just as a jukebox) I think the build was 1024 ????? Something? It did get really slow bringing up the images, but as I played from custom playlists and offline it didn't matter! If I want to browse I use my Tablet! Actually I now use an older version 09????? Something? That a member on here helped me with, works gr8, an older design but syncs very fast!

Hey Dennyelvis!

Do you know wich version? Because I have tried many versions already.

The one I'm using now is 091527 - I'm sure you know the old versions sites? There's plenty of em! Good luck!

Unfortunately installing this version doesn't solve the problem either. Could it be about the firefox add-ons and that java isn't on 'always activate'? I have no clue.

How does the Web version work for you? All images working, scripts etc? You could check your securities are set to allow Spotify? Firewall, Virus etc, if not make it an exception! 

I can't open the web player because it's not supported by my Firefox version (latest Windows XP version). I see SOME images (Browse: New Releases as you can see) but not the images on the artist pages (artist and CD pics). So weird. I though Adobe Flash and Java were responsible for showing the visuals. And those programs are installed. Don't know if this is related to a wrong connection or something else.

Spotify.JPG

Frustrating indeed, you need someone who knows all the previous builds history and how they looked and features they had? Sadly they won't give u that advice on here because it's all about "having the latest update"? Which as we know isn't much help when you use XP or Vista?

Thanks for your help so far! I will just keep waiting until someone knows more. I will keep using spotify though.

So, the pictures began to reappear again. Don't know why. But anyway, thank you all for you help!

Suggested posts