Spotify Skipping every song, not playing for more than a second

Solved!
Solution!

Re: Spotify Skipping every song, not playing for more than a second

Ox1
Roadie

Hello @zrazzle!
Change it to your laptop speakers, restart Spotify, change it back to your headphones and restart Spotify again.
Tell me if it worked, please ;) Kudos would be appreciated!

View solution in original post

Coomzie
Casual Listener
This worked a treat! Windows had switch to "headphones" as the default playback device which caused me all the issues. Thanks ThePonti!

gregsound922

Wow....Thanks. That worked for me. I am not a computer friendly person, but I was able to do what you suggested and BOOM!!!....just like that I have my music again. THANKS ALOT.........Listening to Dinosaur Jr. right now  

DaneKurb
Casual Listener

This did not work for me

I'm running Windows 8.1, all latest updates.

I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX sound card that I use to send 1/4" TRS line audio to my studio monitors

I have always used Spotify with this sound card before getting a new computer with Windows 8.1 installed (previously used Win 7)

Here's what I've tried...

1) installing and reinstalling spotify

2) changing the default sound card to the native sound driver from the pioneer one (this works, if I want to use my laptop speakers, but I don't)

3) updated Pioneer driver to the latest release

4) restarting the computer several times before and after doing anything

5) checking and unchecking hardware acceleration box and restarting before and after each of those attempts

Can't get Spotify to send the audio to this USB Pioneer DDJ-SX sound card so I can use it as a playback device for my studio monitors

PLEASE HELP!

KingShockz

haha such an easy simple fix it worked

dudenugget2000

THANK U SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ox1
Roadie
No problem, I'm glad I could help ;)
Have a great day!

asrasers
Casual Listener

I'm having the exact same problem --  I also have a Lenovo, and spotify continually skips songs when my speakers are plugged in, but not when playing through laptop speakers.  I've tried restarting, checking the playback device settings, and none of that works.

Ox1
Roadie

Hello!
Sorry for the inconvenience :( Please contact Spotify support using their Twitter or contact form.
If they will reply with a no-reply email, reply to it, even though it is a no-reply.
Have a great day!

mmaga
Finally!!! thanks so simple and such a nightmare
SUGGESTED POSTS