Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Starts even though its already been disabled in advanced options.

Spotify Starts even though its already been disabled in advanced options.

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Custom Build

Operating System

Window 10 Pro N for Workstations 1909

My Question or Issue

I'm having an issue where no matter what I do Spotify starts when the computer starts. Love Spotify, just one of those things I cant live with out, but I would like for the app to actually work as I have told it to.

In the Advanced options in the Spotify app I have set the setting "Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer"  to No. In task Manager I have no option to disable Spotify in the Start-up tab.

From my reading online there is supposed to be another option to "Allow Spotify to be opened from the web" which I cant find in my settings.

I have also tried reinstalling the program to try fix it but no joy.

Also tried setting up the program and renaming the program name to something else but nope still finds it some how???

I have checked the task manager, there nothing in there that deals with Spotify.

Same with the start-up folders, Nothing out of the ordinary, but it just keeps starting.

Can any one please help me? I'm sick of having to close the program every time i want to use my computer for anything.

1 Reply

I have exactly the same problem, and have had it for many weeks. This seems simple for Spotify to fix. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will answer here.

Suggested posts