Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Windows 10 App

Spotify Windows 10 App

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've tried to uninstall the Windows 10 Store Version from my computer and install the installer from the Spotify website but after restarting my computer Spotify just "upgardes" me back to the store version without me manually updating the app.

The Windows Store version of Spotify doesn't allow third party apps like Equalify Pro to work with the crappy restrictions anything installed from the Windows Store has.

Is there anyway to stop Spotify from trying to "upgrade" me to the Windows Store version? Because I want to keep using my third party app.

1 Reply

Hey @frantic 

I'd suggest uninstalling the Windows Store Spotify as described here, downloading the offline installer and trying that.

Maybe before you run the installation, turn off your internet access?

I read more on that and learned that once an user has installed the store version, it's difficult to get rid of it and get the app installed as standalone version.

If you have Windows 10 Enterprise or Education, you can actually lock Windows Store to stop it from opening, thus you can install standalone Spotify app. Nothing usefol for Win10 Pro though...

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts