Plan Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

()

Operating System

(Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

The Windows 10 app from Windows store is very slow and the songs sometimes crash and stop. I need to switch to browser in order to listen the same full album or playlist that was crashing in the app.

Any helpm on that please ?

5 Replies

Hey there @Stormrider

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your PC. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hello Ivan,

This is not a solution. Tried to re-install to many times. The app has problems and is slow in general. When starting, when searching...crashes during playback.

I believe developers have to search deeper and try to make this work as good as in the web enviroment 

Hey there @Stormrider

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If possible for you, it's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same.

If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hello Ivan, there are a lot of complaints on this forum about the windows app being slow, unstable, non-responsive, ... it goes back years. Nevertheless, it doesn't look like Spotify is taking this in any way serious. The proposed 'solutions' are actually workarounds: reinstall, cleanup of files, ... most of the time it does't even solve the problem. I mean the fact that this is even proposed indicates there is a problem, no? When is Spotify going to put effort in releasing an improved Windows version? If this is not on the dev roadmap, then please be transparant and just say so. Every time I start Spotify on my Windows, the app takes 5 to 10 minutes to start during which time there is constant read/write activity on the HD. The app on my iPhone works like a charm. Please raise this with your management, the way this is being handled currently is unworthy of what is essentially a tech company. Thank you for your support!

I, myself had this problem with Spotify application, installed from Windows Store. Looking through resources usage i noticed that together with Spotify app, there are some windows store compability processes are starting up, and they make it significantly slower. So my solution was to delete spotify completely, and then install it via installer from official spotify website. From that moment spotify is working like a charm. Try it out and say how it goes.

Suggested posts